Located in Churchill, Manitoba, the polar bear and beluga whale capital of the world, the Tundra Inn is a unique and exciting setting to work in Northern Manitoba. Open seasonally, this hotel hosts travellers from around the world who are in search of the area's extraordinary polar bears, beluga whales, and northern lights. If you would like to see for yourself why Churchill is an exciting place to live, work, and play, join our team!
We are currently recruiting a versatile, adventure seeking, experienced Restaurant Manager to work in the Tundra Inn Restaurant & Pub on a full-time, term basis from July - November, 2022 (with a possibility to become permanent).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The restaurant manager’s key responsibility is to ensure efficient restaurant operations as well as maintain high productivity, quality, and customer service standards. The restaurant manager is accountable for delivering a quality menu and motivating restaurant staff to provide excellent customer service to Tundra Inn Restaurant and Pub patrons.
- Post-secondary/vocational education/training in restaurant or hospitality management or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in restaurant or hospitality management or a similar role.
- 5+ years’ experience working in customer service in the foodservices or hospitality industry.
- Valid FoodSafe, SafeCheck, Food Handler, Smart Choices for Responsible Service, or equivalent certification is required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages are an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to use a point of sale (POS) system to place food and beverage orders and process payments.
- Financial management skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and resourceful with challenges that rise from working in a remote, northern location.
- Excellent customer service skills, including interpersonal skills, empathy, and patience.
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Job is in Churchill, Manitoba, a remote, northern location.
- Fast-paced, kitchen and dining room setting.
- Must be of legal age to serve liquor.
- Must be able to stand and walk for 8-12 hours per day.
- Must be able to safely lift 23 kilograms (50 pounds).
- The ability to travel to Churchill, Manitoba by air and/or train is required.
- Closed-toe, slip-resistant, comfortable footwear is required.
- Staff housing is available.
- Overtime may be required during evenings, weekends, and on holidays.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
- Tip Pool
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Company events
- On-site gym
- Housing allowance
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position