PRIMARY FUNCTION: This role is grant dependent.
Directs/manages overall daily operations of the designated Club with primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration. Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Establish Club programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and feedback to develop skills in the program area(s)
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities, events conducted and grant implementation, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Club overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meted stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance, and participation.
- Manage Club financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operations of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including the use of facilities by outside groups. Ensure compliance with organization policies.
- Recruit, manage and provide professional development opportunities for club staff and volunteers.
- Conduct regular evaluations, conduct regular staff meetings and provide ongoing feedback regarding employee performance.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders, and organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services, and activities within the Club and community.
- Coordinate outside resources and experiential learning opportunities to enhance programs.
- Conduct tours and host club visits and/or community events.
- Purchase or approve purchase of supplies or equipment.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain the organizational mission, program objectives, and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintains close contact with Director of Operations and/or Manager of Operations. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advice, and counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize the Club.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years work experience in a Boys & Girls or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written required. Bi-Lingual, English / Spanish is required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management.
- Skills in fund-raising events.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license (CDL may be required based on vehicle standards), and be insurable.
§ The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
EOE / m /f/disabled/vet
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled