DBMC Restaurants is looking for an Accountant Level I to join our growing team!! The person will prepare financial reports to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. Accounting experience with full service restaurant brands is preferable, but not required.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of general
financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere
to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Highly proficient with accounting
- Detail and deadline orientated.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational skills and
attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Three to five years of accounting experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
DBMC Restaurants is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled