Casino LP was recently acquired by a new ownership group and is undertaking a
transformation and modernization of its casino businesses located in Calgary
and Red Deer. We are an Alberta based, family-owned business looking to grow
our casino’s team. Our current locations include Cash Casino Calgary, Cash
Casino Red Deer and ACE Casino Calgary.
Plans are underway for construction of a brand-new casino facility located
at the Calgary International Airport.
have a passion to be an integral part of an inspired and motivated team this is
the opportunity for you.
Manager is responsible for the financial, operational, customer service, and
human resource objectives of assigned departments. This role provides leadership and is
instrumental in developing and executing strategic, operations and policy
initiatives to enhance the financial contribution and effectiveness of casino
operations. This role ensures that
assigned departments are in full compliance with regulators’ policies and
procedures. The Casino Manager is a
member of the site’s management team.
· Provides general leadership to all teams and oversees the effective
operations of the units through direction and excellent customer service
· Responsible for profit and loss
accountability for casino operations based on approved budgets and forecasts.
This includes input into the annual budget process and regular re-forecasts
throughout the year.
casino profitability by analyzing results and implementing necessary changes to
improve revenue while managing expenses; evaluates departmental performance
against industry benchmarks and best business practices.
· Provides a
monthly report summarizing the status of all material aspects of the operations
of the casino. Prepares and submits a comprehensive written annual report that
concentrates on all material aspects of the casino for the preceding 12-month
period and casino department performance.
· Collaborates with Marketing site
leadership and other resources to develop, implement and execute initiatives
and promotional activities to drive revenue growth.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of
local markets and implements initiatives to aggressively grow market share.
· Manages cost elements within the
assigned departments, particularly labour efficiency, to maximize
· Establish and
maintain effective business relationships with creditors and local business
merchants and clientele.
· Manages recruitment, training and
staff development to enhance the strength and effectiveness of staff and
managers ability to achieve strategic and operational objectives.
· Oversees human resources issues and
staff development initiatives. Hires and trains staff in job duties, safety
procedures and company policies and is responsible for performance management
of direct reports and staff including providing positive and corrective
feedback and administering discipline.
· Executes strategic initiatives
including gaming floor layouts, product mix, implementation of new products and
yield management. Analyzes performance
data and makes recommendations for improved growth.
· Leads best practice implementation
with regard to casino operations. Recommends changes to systems, controls,
processes, policies and procedures to improve operations.
· Steers customer service training and
provides guidance to managers to ensure the delivery of operational excellence
to all customers.
· Ensures excellence in customer
service delivery for all assigned departments.
· Recommends changes to systems,
controls, processes, policies and procedures to improve casino operations.
· Maintains a thorough and updated
knowledge of company policies and procedures, provincial and local regulations
for all casino operations.
· Oversees gaming & gaming-support departments, is responsible for all
compliance matters with the regulators
· Ensures assigned departments follow
company and regulatory policies and procedures and manages any issues that may
Knowledge and Abilities Required:
· Proven ability to lead operational change and due
· Experience in gaming management operations.
· Proven leadership skills – able to direct and
· Knowledge of operational budget processes and
· Solid understanding of financial reports.
· Excellent written and verbal communication – including
ability to write external submissions.
· Solid customer service skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Self-motivated, detail oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient,
and able to multi-task.
· Demonstrates and promotes teamwork in the workplace.
· Working knowledge with word processing software, spreadsheets,
email, Internet navigation, and presentation software.
· Strong knowledge in slot and table games analyses.
Training, Certification and Education (demonstrating requirements):
· 5 years of gaming experience including 2 years’ experience
in a management role in operations preferred.
· Leadership experience in a union environment.
· Post-secondary education in business, marketing, hospitality,
or related field.
Or a combination of experience, education equivalent
to the above.
· Strong knowledge of AGLC/regulatory requirements of
casino operations and hospitality industries in Alberta.
Competitive compensation will be based on
experience and education. Compensation includes individual and family
health, life insurance, dental benefits, and an Employer RRSP Matching program.
If you are interested in applying for this
opportunity, please send your resume with cover letter and include in the
subject line “Casino Manager” to email@example.com