As a Project Manager, you will be
responsible for organizing and effectively executing the administrative
activities that facilitate the efficient and successful completion of
You will be responsible for the activities on
specific projects in preparation of construction management scopes, and
determining levels of effort for its execution.
The position manages all aspects associated with the construction
administration of construction projects; project budgets, schedules, supply
chain management, customer service, Project Superintendent, etc. . As Project Manager, you will be responsible
for producing quality deliverables on-time and within budget.
and Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Review and understand drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project scope of work
- Serve as the main point of contact
for the Engineer and Architect.
- Work with Pre-Construction and Field
Supervision to identify and implement all contract deliverables, quality
testing, and reporting requirements.
- Create staging, logistics, and
phasing plan for project.
- Work with awarded Subcontractors to
align on schedule, budget, changes in scope, logistics, daily planning and
- Responsible for project startup,
including obtaining permits and licenses and managing jobsite
- Work with field management to
generate job specific safety plan for the project.
- Facilitate subcontractor
- Issue and administer subcontracts
(payments, insurance, bond, safety, haz-com, etc.) and purchase orders for
- Assist in development, planning, and
updating of overall project schedule. Attend/direct regular job scheduling
- Lead responsibility for project
quality control plan implementation and compliance.
- Prioritize, review and expedite
- Expedite material deliveries
according to project schedule requirements.
- Understand quantity updating and work
with Superintendents to maintain accurate labor forecasts.
- Develop and administer subcontractor
and purchase order change orders.
- Review projections, labor reports,
safety documents, and schedules on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve material/equipment
invoices according to project budget.
- Prepare payment requests and monitor
- Meet with city and state agencies to
review project and inspections.
- Attend OAC progress meetings and
create monthly status reports.
- Enter and update information in
project management software (job status reports, projections, change
orders, and RFIâ€™s).
- Manage and oversee job close-out
documentation and procedures (closeout documents, final job report, and
- Mentor and train assistant project
managers and co-op/intern students.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in construction,
engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of commercial construction
- Able to perform Assistant Project
Manager duties proficiently
- Experience managing all aspects of
construction projects including architectural, civil, structural,
mechanical and electrical
- Basic understanding of financial
- Strong oral communication and
- Conflict resolution skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- High energy level, self-motivated and
directed, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to solve constantly evolving
problems while working with a team to find a solution that is best for the
Highland Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled