Responsible for the planning, execution and closeout of assigned project within established budget and schedule. Responsible for acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, including contractors and consultants, to deliver project according to plan. Provides leadership, direction and resources to the project supervisor and project staff.
- Leads the planning and implementation of a project while facilitating the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables utilizing project management compliance matrix.
- Manages project staff, ensures preparation and approval of all applicable project documentation and ensures project scope is accomplished within schedule and budget.
- Liaises with project stakeholders on a routine basis.
- Identifies and manages scope change and ensures changes to Statement of Work are documented and communicates those changes to customer and management.
- Updates baseline budget and schedule.
- Tracks project cost and provides direction to accounting department for the preparation of project invoices.
- Acts as a primary interface between the company and client by implementing project status meeting with client and providing monthly schedule, project and financial input to management.
- Ensures that all activities are performed safely and in accordance with applicable Department of Transportation, Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Occupational Safety & Health Administration standards, state requirements and all applicable client procedures, permits and licenses by verbatim compliance to applicable project documentation.
- Provides leadership and direction to project personnel.
- Manages personnel of varying disciplines and degrees of experience with emphasis on teamwork.
- Ensures staff performs all activities safely and are committed to a safe and accident-free working environment.
- Ensures personnel obtains and maintains appropriate training, qualifications and proficiencies utilizing the Talent Database.
- Works under general supervision.
- Responsible for all aspects of various projects of a moderately complex nature.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Intermediate computer and software skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Naval Nuclear Program experience may be substituted for education and experience requirements
- Experience working in radiologically contaminated environments.
- Experience with LLRW waste dispotition for DOD/DOE or Commercial Nuclear
Required and Desired Skills
- Fundamental knowledge of radioisotopes and their decay process
- Knowledge of radioactive waste disposal criteria and options is highly desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of radiological protection principles, instrumentation, and processes.
- Ability to evaluate hazards and challenges of work based on limited information provided and facility walk downs; ability to formulate questions that need to be asked of the potential client based on this information
- Ability to read process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, and process drawings
- Ability to understand low-level rad waste characterization and classification.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; handle, grip, and reach above or below shoulder
- Ability to use hands and feet to accomplish tasks as assigned
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend/stoop, crouch, kneel, twist at the waist and balance
- Ability to effectively communicate; pass audiogram in hearing conservation program as required by location
- Basic math skills
- Ability to see close and distance; basic colors/shades
- Ability to perceive depth; basic hand/eye coordination
- Ability to work inside an office, outside and in extreme temperatures
- Ability to wear chemical resistant coveralls and respiratory protection
- Ability to work with power tools, moving objects/hazardous machines and slippery/uneven walking surfaces
- Ability to work alone, work with others and interact with the public
- Ability to operate equipment, drive a vehicle and travel overnight
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure
SAS Consulting Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled