ArtsQuest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: VP of Hospitality and Food Service
Hospitality Assistant is an exciting and creative position at ArtsQuest. Each day is unique! The assistant will work alongside all teams at ArtsQuest from Food & Beverage, Production, Volunteers, Operations, and many other teams to make events memorable for all of our guests!
- Assist hospitality team with day of execution of events.
- Oversee all aspects of the operation for the day – coordination with all ArtsQuest teams, Food & Beverage, vendors, and clients.
- Assist with all aspects of events including arrival, load in/out, itinerary, changes, updates, testing presentations, coordination of intros with other team members and be available for clients when they need assistance.
- Be aware of and problem solve any issues that may arise throughout the workday.
- Check for cleanliness of the building so it is ready for guest arrival – contact other team members if things need to be taken care of or fixed (temperature in room, garbage, misplaced furniture etc.).
- Demonstrate confidence, energy and genuine enthusiasm for every event and client.
- Anticipate and forward think about safety issues.
- Create an atmosphere with client that encourages referrals and repeat events with same organization, other organizations, or social events.
- Always strive to exceed guest expectations
- Assist with internal AQ functions/events/festivals.
- Assist with filing, paperwork, and follow up.
- Assist with tours of the space for new events or current events looking to visit site again.
- Assist with contract creation and processing in systems.
- Assist with spreadsheet review and data input.
- Assist with even inquiries for AQC and Banana Factory as needed.
- Assist the hospitality team with responsibilities or tasks that may arise before, during, or after an event.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3-5 years of experience in food and beverage industry including Catering/private/event/wedding/corporate events. BS in Hospitality, Communications, or Event Management preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Quick learner and clear communicator.
- Ability to adapt to change easily.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple events simultaneously.
- Demonstrated forward thinking and is a self-starter.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently.
- Ability to engage physically to assist an event client/AQ teams/F&B teams when necessary.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate with employees and clients, either verbally and/or in writing.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, see, hear, bend, stoop, reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Read and communicate in English. Bilingual in other languages is a plus.
- The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 40 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee may be required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation.
This is a part-time position that works throughout the year during concerts, festivals and events as needed; hours fluctuate depending on our scheduled events. As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties and as assigned by supervisor when necessary.
ArtsQuest maintains a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to maintain these high standards in order to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
Candidates from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply!
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.