Pilots are Business Jet Access’s most visible representatives to the passengers; they must act with diplomacy and decorum while ensuring a safe and efficient operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Act as SIC on assigned flights.
- Comply with all federal, state, local, and foreign regulations, as well as company policies and procedures specified in the company operations manual.
- Maintain a high degree of aeronautical skill and knowledge.
- Comply with schedules and other directives governing the aircraft’s safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure that the aircraft is clean and prepared for flight with all provisions on board for the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- Study the weather conditions and forecasts for the departure airport, flight planned route, destination, and alternate airports.
- Prepare flight plans, calculate weight and balance, fuel on board, and performance charts.
- Ensure that maintenance issues and required services are communicated to maintenance personnel.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- 1500 flight hours total time
- 500 flight hours multi-engine airplane
- 15 flight hours in turbine-powered aircraft
- Appropriate PIC type rating
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license is required. Airline transport pilot license is required.
- 2nd Class Medical
- Commercial certificate with multiengine and instrument ratings
Ability to obtain an airport security badge is required. Must be able to complete appropriate segments of the Company training program. Ability to clear criminal and aircraft accident history are required. Military or airline experience is preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to various weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to very loud noise levels in and around their work environment. The physical demands regularly required are to sit for extended periods of time, squat, crawl, climb along with the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Daily interaction with High End Clientele where tact and decorum are mandatory while maintaining a team effort in customer service.