Associate Vice President of Capital Projects and Infrastructure
The National WWII Museum is seeking an Associate Vice President (AVP) of Capital Projects and Infrastructure. This position is a member of the senior executive team and oversees capital maintenance projects, engineering, facility maintenance, and custodial services. For a period of time until the Senior Vice President for Capital Programs transitions to a part-time role, the AVP will have a dual reporting obligation, reporting to the Executive Vice President and COO for matters relating to facilities, engineering, maintenance, custodial services, and capital maintenance projects and reporting to the Sr VP for Capital Programs for major capital projects. The key component of the AVP role is to provide guidance and oversight to direct reports including the Director of Facilities.
- Supports the Sr VP of Capital Programs on capital projects from design to closeout of the warranty period and transitioning those projects in support of the EVP & COO for ongoing maintenance, capital upkeep, and future renovation.
- Coordinates capital projects between Museum professionals and contracted vendors to maintain effective communication and information flow.
- Coordinates the bid process and vendor selection, developing and processing the execution of the contracts and associated change orders.
- Operates within approved budgets and staffing levels; reviews, revises, and approves as necessary annual departmental budgets; controls expenses effectively.
- Prepares and presents materials and reports for Board of Trustees and Board Committees; prepares reports for senior management as necessary.
- Provides input to the strategic direction of reporting departments.
- Keeps up-to-date on standards to increase innovation, mitigate risk, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a managerial role overseeing major construction projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of an array of technology and software platforms.
- Experience with facilities operations and maintenance that encompasses a broad spectrum of services, competencies, processes, and tools.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills; ability to perform in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments under pressure and to consistently meet deadline schedules.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.