The Gem City Market Cooperative is Dayton’s first multi-stakeholder community and employee-owned full-service grocery store. We’re looking for dedicated, community-oriented servant leaders to grow with us to achieve our mission: Our mission is to serve, engage, and empower our neighborhoods by providing affordable, high quality food in a clean and welcoming environment that is worker and community owned.
Reporting to the Grocery Manager/Lead, the Grocery Stocker will;
- Stock grocery products on shelves and keep department displays fully stocked.
- Provide prompt, friendly, courteous customer service and create a welcoming environment. for all
- Receive goods as instructed to help meet department objectives
- Rotate displays fully; face items on shelves to ensure product longevity and maximize customer convenience and selection.
- Maintain a welcoming and sanitary environment, by adhering to GCM standards, i.e. breaking down boxes, sweeping and mopping daily
- Be attentive and responsive to the needs and concerns of members, customers, suppliers, staff, and community, and will communicate these as appropriate in order to positively address them in accordance with Gem City Market’s mission statement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Grocer, retail, food service or relevant experience preferred
- Experience or willingness to stock groceries
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Passion for quality products
- Experience serving the public encouraged
- Attention to detail
- Be a team -player
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines
- The willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays
At the Gem City Market Cooperative we celebrate, respect and thrive on the differences and diversity of all people in solidarity with our community, employees and in everything we do. The Gem City Market Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, welcoming all to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation with the application, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 701-7432.
Rate of pay is based on experience. Great benefits including health, dental and vision will be offered to full time employees. Come be a part of a dynamic team that supports the community through access to food, employment and a great customer experience. Grow your skills and explore a career with us. Apply today!
Gem City Market Cooperative is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled