Job Description: Porter
Employer: DBMC Restaurants, LLC dba. Walk On's Sports Bistreaux
Position Classification: Part-Time
The Porter will clean and maintain assigned areas of the property and grounds. Must be friendly, outgoing, and must possess good communication skills. Is organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively. Retains self-composure. Must take pride in and be dedicated to his/her job. Must display integrity and honesty in all aspects of his/her employment.
- Performs cleaning, housekeeping, and light maintenance tasks and services throughout assigned property.
- Picks up trash and empties trash containers.
- Performs light repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes.
- Assists with the cleaning and sanitizing of shared facilities and common spaces.
- Washes windows.
- Vacuums and cleans floors, rugs, furniture, and drapes.
- Performs limited grounds maintenance such as mowing and trimming lawns and hedges and cleaning snow from sidewalks.
- Examines property for safety hazards; reports problems to Manager or other appropriate staff.
- Ensures heating and cooling systems are operational.
- Ensures that cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Modifies scope of cleaning and maintenance based on specified needs of the particular property (apartments, parking facilities, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Understanding of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to keep the property clean and orderly.
- Good interpersonal skills with polite and courteous demeanor toward staff, customers, clients, and visitors to the property.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prolonged periods standing.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.