Summary of Position: The Property Attendant’s primary function is to assist with guest requests, clean public areas of the hotel, set up, refresh and put away afternoon snacks, provide repairs/maintenance requests and process the hotel and spa laundry. When assigned to guest rooms, the Property Attendant replaces linens, replenishes amenities, helps in laundry and keeps housekeeping closet stocked. This is a full-time seasonal position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Our guests are the first priority. Greet all guests and quickly respond to special requests and deliveries. Our guests should wait no more than 10 min. from the time of the call for completion of the request.
- Respond to guest concerns, complaints or suggestions appropriately, referring them to management in support of providing superior guest service.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- At all times projects a favorable image of the hotel to the public.
- Clean and dust the lobby and other public areas of the hotel.
- Clean and restock public restrooms, ensuring toilets, urinals, sinks, partitions and floor are clean, disinfected and free of debris. Mirror is clean and free of spots and smudges. Trash is emptied.
- Clean guest rooms to the level of standards set by the Hotel, including stripping of soiled items, making the bed, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting and replacing amenities and supplies.
- Clean and dust walls, doors/door jams, baseboards, handrails and railings throughout the hotel. Removing dirt, scuffs, and fingerprints.
- Clean inside elevators including the walls, doors (inside and outside) and trim, ensuring mirrors, control panel, and glass are spot and streak free. Vacuum elevator carpet.
- Set-up, refresh and remove late night snack as needed.
- Offer information regarding the hotel and provide assistance to the guest as needed.
- Assist with laundry and/or maintenance when necessary
- Clean and polish luggage carts.
- Maintain safe working conditions within department and hotel.
- May gather waste and/or contaminated materials for disposal.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Previous guest service experience preferred, but not required
- Must have a passion for hospitality and a commitment to exceptional guest service
- A professional appearance and good personal hygiene must be maintained at all times
- Must have excellent communication skills and can easily interact with strangers
- Ability to take direction from different people
- Ability to push, pull and or lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Ability to use various kinds of equipment safely
- Ability to take direction from different people from multiple departments
- Food Handlers Card or the ability to obtain within seven days of hire
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description