Guest Services Agent - Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport
The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for full-time Guest Services Agent with an immediate start!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $15.60 - $17.00 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport)
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands
- An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a great team!
Guest Services Agents are passionate about customer service. They look to make our guests comfortable while away from home, whether they are traveling on business or for leisure. Our associates have a keen intuition that allows them to anticipate needs and exceed expectations. These associates have excellent communication skills, can multi-task, are team-oriented, and work diligently to resolve issues when they arise. Guest Services Agents are constantly looking for ways to enhance the guest experience.
- Ensures Hamptonality is a part of the everyday work culture
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, brand standards, policies, and procedures
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, and room change/late check-out requests, create reservations
- Run daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys following hotels policies and procedures
- Enter rewards information and enroll new members
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns
- Operate telephone, acting as switchboard to transfer calls accordingly
- Run and check credit card authorization reports
- Supply guests with directions and information, arrange transportation if needed
- Demonstrate and show knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge as necessary to perform daily duties
- Speak using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the beginning end of shift
- Learn and adhere to all fire and emergency procedures, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to assist guest with luggage and or deliveries with object weighing up to 50 Ibs.
- Ensure TREATS is stocked
- Assist with the Breakfast area as necessary
- Assist with light cleaning duties & keeping the front entrance/Hotel lobby area looking its best
- Available to work varied shifts: days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Managers
- Previous hotel experience is an asset
- High School graduation required
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- First Aid an asset
- Superhost training an asset
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Good computer skills required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.