Summary of Position:
As Restaurant Manager, the primary responsibility will be to oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service, food quality and cleanliness. The ideal candidate will enhance the mission of Neuman Hotel Group (which includes Luna Café and Mercantile) to provide personalized service and genuine hospitality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Restaurant Manager understands completely and conforms to all policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and training programs for Luna Café and Mercantile and Neuman Hotel Group.
- Responsible ensuring that all guests feel welcome and their needs are met including quality of food and service, handling of complaints, financial transactions, etc.
- Responsible for helping with the continued growth of restaurant revenues and profits including cost management, service standards and innovation of operation.
- Assists with hiring, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action.
- Ensure thorough training of employees and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Schedules labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Responsible for properly opening and closing of the restaurant.
- Develops a climate for empowerment and innovation; provides educational opportunities and continually strives to develop staff for growth and development.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers and employees; enforce ethical business practices
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, county and local regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food, liquor, tools and equipment and ensure inventory is always on hand through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
- Must be or become proficient in using Square for a financial transaction
- Ensure all restaurant staff and management team members have necessary resources and training to perform daily duties.
- Perform other duties as required by Food and Beverage Director
- Hospitality focused bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years successful food & beverage supervisory or management experience
- Previous experience with cost controls and inventory management a plus
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage operations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to create a positive team dynamic with fellow managers and staff
- Food handler’s permit and OLCC permit or ability to obtain them
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational & time management skills
- Must have a passion for hospitality
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time and bend, kneel, squat and reach occasionally throughout a shift
- Bartending & merchandising experience a plus