Job Overview - The Facilities Maintenance Coordinator is responsible to take necessary action while ensuring that the assigned asset fleet is in a safe, compliant and operational condition to maximize commercial availability, improve customer experience, reduce cost of operation, and maximize utilization and reliability.
Responsobilities and Duties-
- Respond to maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Execute assigned service requests within the prescribed resolution windows.
- Perform repairs on REEF machinery, equipment, and appliances. Inspect vessels to identify issues with current/potential mechanical failures or breakdowns.
- Conduct performance assessments and regular preventive maintenance activities of appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, top burner, grill, water heater, and water pump (as permitted).
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs for all equipment.
- Create and update asset status and availability reports.
- Document all maintenance actions which occur by asset and installed component.
- Repair plumbing, electrical, and safety systems (as permitted) Identify, establish, and maintain relationships with a network of vendors within assigned geographical region in order to meet service response metrics.
- Oversee and direct contractors and ensures work is completed in a professional manner.
- Identify and recommend solutions to design requirements.
- Review and comment on proposed fleet service bulletins.
- Conduct research and perform special projects as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Document report findings and addresses maintenance concerns.
- Conducts asset training days with company employees.
- Follow up on preventive maintenance activities.
- Act as single point of contact for all issues experienced by assets not handled routinely using the work order management system.
- Work directly with construction / project managers to resolve any complex issues reported by end users, launchers, regional managers, directors, or executive management.
- Maintain and monitors the work order management system daily.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager s discretion.
Education & Experience-
- Strong technical knowledge of construction, mechanicals, electricals, plumbing, structure, and automotive maintenance practices.
- Small Water System Operator Training Certificate - (Preferred)
- WHMIS Training
Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate.
- Marine Emergency Duties training and SVOP Certificate(Preferred)
- Minimum of Standard First Aid and CPR Level C.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor s degree preferred.
Skills & Abilities -
- Ability to work with hand tools and power equipment.
- Strong decision-making skills when working with ambiguous information.
- Working knowledge of mobile and web-based systems skills.
- Ability to manage and oversee 3rd party vendors.
- Ability to hold vendors accountable to deliverables.
- Well-organized and strong communication skills.
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving and risk mitigation experience.
- Familiarity with commercial kitchen equipment (both hot and cold side) a plus. Self-starter with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver s license. (Truck and trailer are an asset) 3-5 years relevant work experience in various roles as an asset, fleet, maintenance, or facilities technician required with focus on fulfilling and coordinating service requests for asset maintenance and reliability.
- Previous field service or support in the rental vehicle, electric bikes, commercial fleet vehicle, construction or commercial maintenance industries preferred.
- Current or previous industry certifications preferred.