General Manager (Capitola, Scotts Valley)
Join CineLux Theatres to get your start in the movie business!
If you have a passion for movies, we are now casting for GENERAL MANAGER!
As General Manager, you will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Vacation days
- Sick Pay
- FREE MOVIES for you and your family and friends in private auditoriums
- Discounted concessions
Role of General Manager:
- Provide an outstanding movie-going experience for our guests.
- Manage daily operations, staffing, scheduling and manage your theatre's financial performance.
- Coach and develop your staff and inspire them to achieve company goals.
- Assist in the on-boarding process of interviewing and hiring your staff.
- Be an expert in all areas of operations to provide coverage and assistance as needed.
- Attend managerial calls to update the owner and Area Managers on your theatre's activities.
- Ensure a well-maintained environment for your guests and crew.
- Maintain your theatre's inventory and supply orders.
- The position of General Manager is a full-time position.
- Ability to learn all theatre functions, including projection, computer systems, food and beverage operations.
- Demonstrate team management, training, problem solving, and coaching skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate organization and multi-project time management.
- Ability to present a calm demeanor to deter others from engaging in disruptive conduct.
- Flexible availability including evenings, weekends and major holidays.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; Undergraduate degree in hospitality or restaurant management preferred.
- Requires experience showing progressive growth and management experience in high volume theatre, retail or restaurant operations or other related management experience.
Physical and Environmental Work Conditions:
- This position requires the employee to frequently lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires the employee to bend, lift and reach repeatedly, as well as sitting or standing for long periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at CineLux Theatres and is not a legally binding contract. CineLux Theatres reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate
ABOUT US: CineLux Theatres is a bay area community-based movie theater company. Our first cinema was established in Campbell in 1966. Today the same local family operates its theaters focused within Silicon Valley and Santa Cruz County. We are proud of our wonderful staff which support our vision of providing a friendly entertainment escape!
CineLux Theatres is an Equal Opportunity Employer