Imagine a world full of flavor and packed with goodness! This is our envisioned future, and we are working every day to make this world a reality. Bai Brands is the leading innovator in the beverage landscape with a line of drinks that are flavorful, low calorie, and infused with antioxidants from coffee's superfruit. We are in the throes of a “bevolution,” and we want to bring everyone along on our journey because we know this is a world in which we all want to live. It is time to join our audacious and tenacious team!
Bai is looking for a Quality, Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator. Under the direction of the Head of Supply Chain, this position supports the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs at Bai Headquarters and Bordentown Regional Distribution Center, to include both the manual and auto Variety Pack Lines. This role supports establishing ongoing best practices through initiatives designed to enhance or improve regulatory compliance, reduce workplace injury frequency, improve post-injury management of employees and drive a safe, compliant working environment for our valued employees.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a high school diploma, enroll in OSHA 30-hour training, and be LEED certified. In addition, the candidate would have 2 years of experience working in an EHS-related or Quality related role, including participating in safety teams or committees. The position calls for a very self-directed, organized person with experience using databases, PowerPoint, and excel, including the creation of graphs.
- Support the development, administration, and implementation of EHS programs and projects to provide a safe working environment and ensure the adoption of policies by employees and site visitors.
- Support Facility Manager/EHSS in adherence to OSHA, EPA, FDA, DOT, LEED, fire, state, municipal, and police codes/laws/standards for the Bai headquarters facility including the Quality Lab and the Bordentown RDC and Variety Pack Lines, both Auto and Manual.
- Support EHS training and inductions for new hires, on-going refresher training for existing employees and delivering EHS related training programs to all levels within the organization.
- Schedule all Fire drills and evaluate results. Conduct training for all Emergency Response Team members on campus.
- Identify hazards and risks, risk assessment, control and proactively preventing EHS related incidents.
- Maintain cross-functional partnerships to enforce security as well as site driven initiatives.
- Serve as administrator for the LEED database system for Bai Headquarters and Bordentown RDC locations, as well as applicable third party vendors including waste, recycling, hazardous material, donations, etc.
- Serve as administrator of the SAFE database system for Bai Headquarters and Bordentown RDC, to include the VP area.
- Process, identify, and maintain EHS metrics, audit documentation, trending, and reporting of same.
- Coordinate submission of all regulatory permit fees, reports, and correspondence to appropriate state/federal agencies.
- Track KPI’s that address location performance.
- Draft incident reports and collaborate with FM/EHSS and security team for appropriate corrective actions.
- Communicate with vendors to track all purchases from all departments in LEED related spread sheets.
- Organize Bai Sustainability Committee and maintain documentation on all sustainable products.
- Organize and maintain an efficient filling system for all correspondence, records, reference data, reports, and sensitive documents.
- Provide complete administrative support to the Facility Operations team, including Concur travel and expense reports, quality reports, and assist with event operations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in a Food or CPG Manufacturing or Warehousing environment in a Quality role
- EHS credentials would be preferred such as FSSC, OSHA, AIB, SQF
- Excel skillset at intermediate or above
- Power Point proficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bai is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bai Brands LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled