Our mission is to enrich lives through the visual arts. Accredited by the American Association of Museums and a member of the Association of Art Museum Directors, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art serves over 125,000 visitors annually from all fifty states and thirty foreign countries and presents exhibitions from prestigious museums throughout the world. The Museum’s permanent collection covers a period of five centuries with strengths in European and American art from the nineteenth through twenty-first centuries, contemporary art, and one of the world’s largest public collections of glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly. The Museum boasts the region’s premier repertory cinema, which screens the finest international, independent, and classic films. Amenities include the Museum Store, the Roof Terrace, and the Museum Cafe, a full-service restaurant, offering lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch, a full bar, and catering services.
Oklahoma City Museum of Art is currently seeking a full-time Facility Operations Supervisor to join our staff. This position is responsible for ensuring that the Museum operates efficiently by coordinating and overseeing all building related services including building maintenance, grounds, overall housekeeping, custodial support, and organization of events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain property including but not limited to offices, production areas, public areas, building grounds and equipment through development and implementation of preventive maintenance program; ensures all maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner and according to all specifications.
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies corrected; ensures the property is in compliance with all safety and sanitation policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Safety and Security in the absence of the Director of Operations.
- Coordinates with appropriate staff/managers to receive information regarding maintenance needs; ensures timely response to requests.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff/managers to plan and execute building support for setting up and take down of special events.
- Monitors and maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Oversee expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Oversee all work performed by outside contractors.
- Supervises four Facility Associates.
- Plans and assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, rewarding high-quality performance and identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Three to five years of experience in the operations or maintenance of buildings.
- Experience supervising maintenance and/or custodial staff preferred.
- Working knowledge of ventilation/air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, painting, and other generally accepted maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of city and state building codes, OSHA requirements, and ADA laws.
- Knowledge of the Metasys HVAC system
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with equipment and follow-through
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Must be able to lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button.
Oklahoma City Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer