About Atlantic Housing
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable
housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000
units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD
HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable
housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic
Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing
and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents
improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the
continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top
performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all
that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making a
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- This role is eligible for overtime
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover
medical, dental, prescription, vision, employer HSA contributions, and
supplemental health insurance
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching
About the Community Manager role:
The Community Manager
will have a proven track record of successfully managing multifamily
properties, including HUD properties, utilizing superior communication skills
and a positive attitude. Community Managers directly supervise the property’s
on-site staff to ensure implementation of all corporate policies and
- Reporting: Prepare
accurate and timely reports (monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc) detailing
cash flow, budget variances, market studies, and business strategies.
- Budget and Expense and
Program Goals: Assist in developing annual budgets, and executing on same,
including managing expenses and achieving company goals, including revenue,
occupancy, social programs, and other aspects of the Foundation’s mission.
- Capital Improvements:
Work with the Regional Manager and corporate team to review and inspect all
capital replacement plans; ensure all are within the scope of the approved
- Market Research:
Maintain detailed knowledge of the local market and competition, and develop
tailored marketing plans and strategies.
- Vendor Management:
Solicit bids and negotiate with vendors.
- Tenant Relations: Lead
the on-site team in tenant satisfaction matters.
- Routine Legal Matters: Lead on-site staff in evictions
and other routine legal matters.
- Fair Housing and Legal Compliance: Remain abreast of
federal and state legal developments as they pertain to our business,
including Fair Housing, EEO, OSHA, and ADA, and assist in assuring
- Process Improvement: Assist in ongoing process
improvement, including revisions of policies and procedures.
- Employee Reviews and Compensation: Review performance
and recommend (or approve as appropriate) employee compensation decisions.
- Site Inspections: Personally inspect the property on a
regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the
marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
- At least four (3) years prior experience in on-site
multifamily property management, at least one (1) of which must have been
a Property Manager / Community Manager of a project-based HUD community
- Proven completion of a
leadership development program (preferred)
- High School degree (or GED)
- Professional Designation or Certification indicating
property management expertise (e.g., CPM, ARM, CAM, COS, or equivalent
designation from a recognized MF industry organization)
- Prior experience with affordable housing programs
(income and rent restrictions, LURA and/or HUD compliance, etc.)
- Proficiency with Yardi property management software
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, retain,
manage, direct, train, motivate and lead both office and maintenance
- Prior experience evaluating employee performance, and
coaching and developing team members
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled