Retirement Center Management, a leader in the senior living industry has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Director of Dining Services at our Stoney Brook of Hewitt, an Assisted Living senior community.
The Director of Dining Services is ultimately responsible for the dining services function. Plan and supervise activities of the department to provide service for residents, employees, and guests. In addition, provide technical guidance and administrative direction over food planning, menu formulation, and preparation and serving of regular and therapeutic diets. Exercise supervision, management and evaluation over a large number of employees engaged in food preparation and food services activities. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
- Plans, assigns and inspects the work of staff preparing, cooking and serving food to residents, staff, and visitors.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Consults with the Executive Director and other department directors for the provision of product for activities and events.
- Ensures all food supplies and equipment for the department are ordered; reviews invoices for compliance and submits for payment.
- Arranges for repair or replacement of equipment and utensils.
- Direct and oversee safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Direct supervision of all kitchen and dining staff.
- Schedules and oversees staff training.
- Completes employee performance evaluations.
- Hires disciplines, assesses, and recommends termination of direct reports.
- Determines compensation at hire, promotion, and merit.
- Assures all functions are staffed through the development and maintenance of employee schedules.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Assists with special projects or tasks.
Culinary degree preferred.
Five plus years as an Executive Chef and three years of management/administrative experience, preferably as an Assistant Director including planning and budgeting.
Three to Five years’ experience in senior living dining services.
Training and Certifications:
Valid Texas Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance standards.
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
Serve Safe Certified
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Must pass a background check and drug screen.
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.