Are you looking for a rewarding career that offers job flexibility and other great benefits including a sign-on bonus after 3 months? Join Girl Scouts of
NYPENN Pathways as a key team member, building and providing a support network for
adult volunteers; getting them started through training, supporting them and
empowering them to be leaders who realize girls’ dreams. Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways currently has an opening for a Membership Support Manager. The position will be based out of our Seneca Falls, NY office and will service parts of Wayne and Ontario counties.
The Membership Support Manager (MSM) is a key member of the GSNYPENN staff delivering a superior customer experience through service by way of retention, engagement, and recruitment of troops within assigned service units. They, at times, facilitate troops, series and activities to engage girls and volunteers in the Girl Scout Experience to meet assigned membership goals. They are responsible for building and providing a support network for adult volunteers; getting them started through training, supporting them and empowering them to be leaders who realize girls’ dreams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate membership within assigned territory, including troops, series and individual members, both girl and adult, by being creative, determined and dynamic
• Operate as one of the points of contact for assigned territory
• Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships to sustain and grow membership in assigned area
• Assure support and services are provided for members and potential members (i.e., providing Girl Scout experiences by way of troop, series and events for our girl members as well as providing information, guidance and assistance to our membership and caregivers).
• Communicate member needs and demands to leadership
• Forecast and track member metrics
• Manage multiple projects, working to carry out member goals while meeting council goals
• Identify opportunities to grow membership within assigned territory
• Coordinate with staff members to ensure consistent service
• Collaborate with engagement and support team to reach prospective members
• Maintain member records and communications
• Deliver on GSUSA initiatives and special projects
The Membership Engagement Manager supervises volunteers in an assigned geographic area.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
• High school diploma required; associate’s degree preferred and/or 4 years of relevant
• One to two years previous related experience
• Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to all 26 counties of the council.
• Average 20% day-time travel to meetings, cultivation opportunities, and activities.
• 40% evening and weekend work conditions occur regularly throughout the membership year.
• Must have ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate frequent evening and weekend work.
Required, Specialized, or Technical Knowledge:
• Advanced customer service skills, even in the most difficult situations. Commits to satisfying internal and external customers and takes responsibility to resolve customer complaints; responds to customer requests in a timely manner; elicits feedback from customers; creates strategies to help the organization serve customers more effectively; considers both short and long-term interests of the customer in making service decisions
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities with an emphasis on active listening and customer service skills; able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of customers, volunteers and staff
• Self-starter who can work independently and takes initiative; is flexible, adaptable, organized and has a strong attention to detail
• Ability to view the council as a whole vs. individualized regions or federations to insure consistent opportunities and messaging.
• Must subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout Movement and become a registered member of GSUSA.
• Computer Software: Microsoft Office to include Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Vendor-specific software, bulk email software, inventory and retail software.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways celebrates diversity in all forms and is committed to creating an inclusive, collaborative and supportive environment for all. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, performance and the needs of the organization. As an equal opportunity employer, GSNYPENN does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other groups or persons protected by federal, state or local law.