Hotel Eldorado is looking for a ful-time seasonal Steward to support our busy restaurant operations. The role of the Steward (Dishwasher) is to execute cleaning duties and general support to the various tasks of the Kitchen. A great way to gain insight and experience into a professional kitchen environment!
- Maintain a professional kitchen appearance
- Takes control of all aspects of sanitation according to the resort standards
- Has basic knowledge of the setup of the food preparation area
- Adhere to standards for cleaning dishes and equipment, equipment, loading dock, proper storage of utensils and tools, garbage removal, recycling products, cardboard
- Notify the Chef or Supervisor immediately of any required repairs
- Work effectively as part of the team to produce high-quality food, assisting with basic food prep as business levels allow
- Adhere to all health and safety practices at all times
- Maintain the organization of the dish area, help reduce breakage, leave one dish (plate, bowl, etc) behind so Servers know where to place that specify dish.
- Report all maintenance, damages and any issues with the hotel to lead steward, sous chef or executive Chef
- Communicate with co-workers and banquet team regarding event dishware
- Clean and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots, and pans
- Ensure restaurants and banquet teams have the requisite amounts to properly service the customers in an orderly manner.
- Assist the culinary team during any special request or priorities as requested by the Executive Chef or Sous Chefs. This may include preparation of food items.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Have the desire to learn about Culinary Arts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Documentation of food-safe certificate
- Ability to quickly retain knowledge and skills