Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Office Manager provides high-level administrative support for
company leaders to ensure they can efficiently accomplish key tasks and
company initiatives. Work closely with other employees to organize files, create
correspondence, and prepare reports or documents. This job includes a
complete range of clerical tasks including managing calendars, sorting mail, or
preparing invoices. The Office Manager is responsible for engaging in event
planning and meeting setup and implementation. Office Manager also trains
other administrative staff on company policies and best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities: As directed by the President
• Welcome visitors and identify the purpose of their visit before directing
them to the appropriate department
• Answer phone calls in a polite and professional manner
• Manage calendars, including making appointments and prioritizing the
most sensitive matters
• Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and
organizing catering and transportation when necessary
• Collate and distribute mail
• Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and
• Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional
• Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
• Manage accounts and perform data entry and bookkeeping
• Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records
• Performing minor accounting duties
• Orders and maintains office equipment and supplies
• Contact IT and trouble-shoot minor computer and printer errors
• Assist Director of Facilities & Port Operations with site security including
communication and distribution of access permits
• Coordinate payroll with managers – run reports and make sure approvals
are complete in a timely manner
• Main contact for Coolworks and other job posting sites
• Distribute application/resumes to hiring managers
• Assist with recruitment at Universities, Work Campers, etc.
• Administer hire paperwork, input into system
• Oversee employee arrival and housing logistics
• Administer Employee Appreciation Program
• Other duties as assigned
• Safety Focus: Must be able to maintain a safe and comfortable
environment for guests, employees and the public.
• Customer-Service Focus: Must understand that customer service is a top
priority and must conduct all actions with this in mind.
• Problem-Solving Skills: Must be flexible and able to produce appropriate
solutions quickly, working across the organization at times. Must be able
to find creative solutions to unique problems and employ a logical and
organized thought process.
• Organizational Skills: Must know how to keep yourself and others
organized and how to determine which tasks are the most important in a
• Communication Skills: Must collaborate with other administrators and
support personnel, management, and clients on a regular basis.
• Writing: Spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and writing are
essential to an Administrative Assistant, who must be proficient in a
variety of styles, from creative to professional to technical to education
• Computer Literacy: Must be able to use standard business software
including Word Processing programs, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint
and other necessary programs.