Golf Course Superintendent
Golf Course Agronomy
A thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top notch services. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services and community relationships. Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. This position is located within Southwest Florida.
Up to Par Management is actively seeking a prolific and talented Golf Course Superintendent to manage the golf course maintenance for our clients in Southwest Florida. The Golf Course Superintendent will report to the General Manager and the Director of Agronomy. S/he will oversee and lead all aspects of the day-to-day maintenance operations. The Golf Course Superintendent will work cooperatively with other departments. The position will promote an exceptional golf experience and provide excellent services to members and guests. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, and project management skills. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that believes that our associates are our most important resource and therefore takes great pride in selecting individuals that help us to deliver on our purpose, To Positively Impact Others.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
General Manager and the Director of Agronomy.
- Maintains all grounds including the golf course, clubhouse surrounds and other maintainable property
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing and chemical applications, and other care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and clubhouse surroundings
- Hires, supervises and develops Assistant Superintendent, foreman, irrigation technician and other employees in the maintenance department
- Informs members about the present and future maintenance activities
- Coordinates scheduling of all personnel assigned to the department
- Communicates frequently with the General Manager and Director of Agronomy to discuss activities, goals, plans and member/customer feedback
- Prepares and manages the annual budget plan for the golf course maintenance operation.
- Maintains inventory and oversees all repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees of the maintenance department
- Supervises maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation and other mechanical watering systems
- Develops chemical and fertilizer plan on an annual basis
- Ensures that the golf course is providing healthy and high-quality playing conditions for members and guests of the property
- Prepares and maintains all records for maintenance department (i.e. Human Resource files, inventory files, fertilization and chemical application logs)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is often required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
- They will occasionally be required to balance, stoop, twist upper body, kneel, and climb.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, pollen, dust, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards.
- Direct Supervision Exercised: Assistant Superintendent Equipment Manager Maintenance Staff
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred
- 3-5 years of golf maintenance experience as an assistant or superintendent
- Pesticide applicator license
- Must be ambitious and self-motivated
- Must be passionate about member service
- Must be team player, and responsible
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management, and follow-through
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and handle difficult situations
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
$50,000 - $65,000 Annually + Benefits | Salary commensurate with experience.
The compensation package also includes health, dental, vision (premium co-share with the employer), vacation and sick pay.
Associates will be given a job description by management for which they are responsible. Job descriptions are intended to be overall guidelines for the job and NOT a step-by-step account of the Associates' duties and may be revised by management from time to time. It is imperative that each Associate understands the job description and asks for a review whenever uncertainties about specific responsibilities arise
Why Up To Par?
Up to Par Management / Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs, hotels, restaurants, and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.