At CubicFarms we believe in the power of
technology to feed a changing world. We actively seek talented people who want
to make a difference in the ag tech space by bringing creative ideas to life
and leaving an imprint in a healthier, more sustainable world. If you are enthusiastic
about joining a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the
ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply!
is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and
nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale,
hydroponic, automated controlled-environment growing systems that can grow
predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on
earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and
internationally, and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective
customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: ONBOARDING AND OPERATIONS
CubicFarms is looking for full time
Onboarding and Operations Manager responsible
for establishing complete operations of our China facility and managing the
daily oversight of the facility’s operational programs and departments. This
individual must have the ability to write and speak fluent Mandarin and English.
In addition, this individual must be willing to travel between our facilities
in China and Canada.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-3 years project management or customer training experience
- Previous experience in a food processing facility
- Previous project management and Business management experience
- Bachelor in Agricultural Technology,
Agribusiness or Business Administration
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Ability to write and speak fluent Mandarin & English required.
- Ability to work between our facilities in China (90%) & Canada (10%)
- Self-directed; executes on general goals
and knows when and how to seek assistance from management.
- Experience working with clients at
multiple functional groups within an organization.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and
coordinating skills with the ability to manage several concurrent tasks
and switch priorities on the fly.
- Experience in delivering training to groups
both virtual and in person sessions.
- A service-oriented mindset with
good communication skills and ability to think strategically and problem
- Able to quickly learn onboarding
processes for the market customers and their clients.
- Must have accountability,
proactive behavior, strong attention to detail. Follow Organizations
policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving Operations targets
within set timelines.
- Experience with GPP, GMP
& Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Global Food Safety Initiative
(GFSI) systems would be an asset.
- Strong management,
delegation, planning, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work
under pressure at multinational workplace environments.
- Commitment to working in a team
environment, with established team building abilities.
- ability to participate in
continuous improvement processes.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Responsible for establishing complete operations of our China
facility and managing the daily oversight of the facility’s operational
programs and departments.
- Leading daily meetings with the staff and articulating departmental
priorities on a daily/weekly basis; ensuring work plans are designed and
executed in conjunction with priorities.
- Developing and implementing Operations plans following standard
operating procedures (SOP) in collaboration with the Quality Assurance
team and Lead Operations teams.
- Ensure high quality day-to-day operations of the farming facility
that meets and exceeds company standards.
- Incorporate relevant feedback mechanisms and act accordingly to
ensure impactful changes in service delivery.
- Provide customers with knowledge and ability to be self-sufficient and a
confident farm operator.
- Provide overall or individualized training and development plan
that addresses business needs and expectations.
- Proactively manage customer relationships from sales handoff to
successful implementation. Understand customer use cases and provide
expertise so that transition period is reduced.
- Monitor and evaluate Cubic training program’s effectiveness, success,
and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Guide new customers through an established onboarding process,
equipping them to confidently and effectively use CubicFarms.
- Manage and prioritize workload to include driving implementation
projects for several customers at a time while addressing each customer's
- Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency.
Collaborating well with partners throughout the company to ensure feature
adoption and success.
- Collect customer product requests and drive agile prioritization
through Cubic’s implementation process. Provide ongoing recommendations
and serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams; act as an
escalation point for service resolution issues in the initial
- Drive KPIs to measure and support overall
customer health and success during the implementation phase of the Cubic’s
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CubicFarms is an equal
opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety
of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all
qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in
an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant
potential for advancement in the Ag-Tech space.