Must be detail-oriented, organized, precise, and able to work well under pressure. Our line cooks are responsible for producing high quality and consistent dishes and producing a beautiful, eye-catching product. Individuals in this position create meals that bring guests back again and again. Must enjoy working together as a team to achieve successful service. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, punctual, hard-working, and possesses a passion for food.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with opening and closing of the kitchen
- Prepare station with all products and supplies necessary to execute tasks.
- Prepare menu items in cooperation with our culinary team.
- Communicate well with service staff regarding ticket times and other essential items.
- Replenish service line proactively.
- Follow recipes and quality standards and prepare various dishes quickly without compromising quality or consistency.
- Follow instructions provided by Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and General Manager.
- Comply with nutrition, sanitation, and industry-specific safety and sanitation guidelines and best practices.
- Properly store, rotate and manage all food products following company guidelines and procedures.
- Cleaning and stocking of an assigned station at the end of service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Job Location: Bloomington, IN
Required Education: High school or equivalent
- Ability to work key shift hours
- Ability to follow and scale recipes
- Dedicated to working as a team towards one goal
- Motivated to maintain a clean restaurant and kitchen environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in high volume situations
- Proven work experience in a back of house role
Additional Compensation: Incentives, health benefits, and paid vacation.