The ideal candidate for this entry-level position will have knowledge of general accounting and be eager to learn more about the world
of finance. This role reports to the V.P. of Finance, and will work alongside
the entire finance team and be a vital
contributor to the day-to-day billing cycle.
Scientist.com is expanding customer service to accounting. As the
voice of the Scientist.com Finance Team, you will handle customer and supplier
correspondence via email, phone, live chat and our case management tool providing the best experience possible.
- Triage incoming accounting requests (email, voicemail) and spot
trends to flag for the finance team
- Coordinate, manage and update communications with suppliers and customers
utilizing Netsuite and Salesforce
- Compose thoughtful and personalized responses to customer requests both written and verbally
- Effectively resolve questions and requests in a timely and
- Provide quality control over the billing/communication on our live
sites and troubleshoot or escalate where necessary
- Assist in the collection of overdue accounts receivable
- Troubleshoot purchase order budget issues
- Assist in invoicing and taxation
- Month end reconciliation
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience
- You care genuinely about customer support, solving problems for
customers, and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric business
- Successfully work in a fast-paced work environment; handle
multiple problems simultaneously
- Communicate complex billing issues clearly and concisely
- Proficiency in MS Access and Excel
- Solid writing, editing, and communications skills
- Comfortable with data entry
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Full-time position
- Able to work in our Solana Beach daily
- $20-$25/hr pending experience
Scientist.com is the world’s largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 20 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.