Fitness Team Member
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who we are:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
Mission Fitness (located inside our Capital News Centre facility in Kelowna, British Columbia), is looking to hire a part-time Fitness Team Member to be part of a group of progressive professionals that are committed to health, wellness, and delivering a quality service to the community that we serve. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a gym setting and can work a variety of shifts ranging on the weekdays from 25-30 hours.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
A day in the life:
- Greet all members and patrons as they arrive at the facility
- Answers customer inquiries by providing concise and accurate information of all our services
- Sign prospective clients up for memberships
- Enforce policy and procedures
- Perform all administrative tasks assigned
- Disinfect equipment on a regular basis throughout the day as per COVID-19 protocol
- Answers and transfers all calls in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner
- Collect payments and accurately charges member accounts
- Book and schedule members for desired workout times
- Advertises and possesses knowledge with all promotions and sales
- Responds to all emails in a timely fashion, addresses concerns, issues, and any requests made by members and staff.
- Reports any equipment issues to the manager
You own this if you have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Current CPR, AED, First Aid certification or be able to complete within 30 days of employment
- Previous administrative assistant experience, knowledge on exercise prescription considered valuable assets
Ideally you will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and is a team player
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Employee and Family
Assistance Program (EFAP)
More About Us:
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
GSL is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We value diversity
and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment
and discrimination. All employment
decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business
needs. GSL is passionate about being
known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position