Alpha Building Corporation is currently seeking a Project Manager (PM) in our Austin, Texas Office.
The PM provides overall direction and management of the contracts he or she is assigned. Within the constraints of good business practices and ethics he or she is authorized to act autonomously in the selection and use of Alpha resources to complete the contract. The project manager will establish project objectives and policies, maintain liaison with client contracts and monitor/supervise construction and financial activities. The PM will participate in all work activities as needed and foster a team environment.
Alpha Building Corporation is a premier general contractor.
Since 1969, we have been providing solutions to transform how our clients undertake construction. We take pride in the work we do and believe that it contributes to something much bigger...that the environments we create facilitate people to achieve great things. Under the stewardship of three generations, we have grown from a single office based contractor into one of the most trusted and respected general contractors operating across the southern United States
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· monitoring and directing construction through administrative supervision of on-site superintendent(s) and other construction project employees.
· perform the leadership role of the management team and provide support where needed to facilitate a good work environment for employees.
· oversee key subcontractors, consultants and vendors to ensure the project is built on schedule and within budget, investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures as required.
· enforce expenditure controls with the aid of established management information systems that provide data on individual project status and ensure company resources are being properly utilized while maintaining client expectations.
· interface with department representatives, construction officials, architects, engineers and consultants to establish project requirements, specifications and schedules.
· serve as the point of contact between our client and contractors and ensure that all projects are completed in a timely, quality manner; achieving the project goals and specification requirements.
· solicit, prepare and evaluate bid documents and review contracts to ensure complete scope coverage, seek clarification or identification of unknown aspects and coordinate the development and approval of architectural and engineering construction drawings.
· manage the financial aspects of contracts to protect the interest of Alpha and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with the client.
· Other duties as assigned.
The PM will attend required company training, enforce the Employee Information Handbook, Safety and Quality Control Program and the company’s standard operating procedures. Safety is a priority at Alpha Building Corporation and the project manager should help his or her team meet all safety standards and support and maintain programs that improve safety, security, risk management, cost effectiveness, environmental awareness and professionalism.
Four (4) year construction or engineering degree or equivalent, plus ten (10) or more years of experience and knowledge of construction, design, finance and management.
Skills required: Primavera P6, Microsoft Project. Certifications include: AGC Construction Management, Associate Constructor from AIC, 30 Hours of OSHA Master’s in Civil Engineering plus 2 years’ experience.
Current driver’s license and insurance, ability to successfully pass a non-dot drug screen, motor vehicle records check and background check prior to employment.