Director of Sales and Marketing - Argus Hospitality Group
The team at Argus Hospitality Group thrives in a collaborative fast paced environment with a healthy sprinkle of creativity and a whole lot of heart and passion.
Does your leadership style generate innovative ideas, teamwork and strategies to engage partnerships and delight our guests – then please read on!
What will you be part of?
· A growing Hospitality Company? Check
· Office at our Stunning Lakeside Location of Eldorado Resort? Check.
· Beachfront Villas and Charming Boutique Hotel? Check
· Comfortable Rooms & Suites? Check
· World Class Amenities and Marina? Check
· People Centric Teams? Check
· Missing? You
This is just a small part of what makes Argus Hospitality and Eldorado Resort such an incredible place to work. We are looking for a motivated and dynamic Director of Sales and Marketing with proven leadership skills, a creative mindset and collaborative approach.
As part of our team, you will not only enjoy working with some of the best talent in the Okanagan on inspiring projects but help create memories that last a lifetime.
Argus Group of Companies has built an extensive portfolio of properties that includes hotels, light industrial, commercial buildings, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
Our Hospitality Division; Argus Hospitality Group, proudly operate branded and independent hospitality properties including:
- Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
- Gulfstream Restaurant
- Manteo and Hotel Eldorado at Eldorado Resort
- Lakeside Dining
- Smack DAB
- Eldorado Marina
- Home2 Suites by Hilton
- Hilton Hampton Inn & Suites Kelowna Airport
The properties are strategically located in destination locations with world-class amenities, deep community connections and strong talent collaborating to continue growing Argus Hospitality Group
The DOSM will work with and support all properties in the Hospitality Division and will enjoy full access to the Argus Advantage which includes employee discount globally with Hilton, Marriott and the Argus Hospitality Group, staff food & beverage account, discounted Marina Rentals and priority for apartments in Kelowna with Argus Properties Ltd. and more.
The Director of Sales & Marketing will lead a dynamic sales team, responsible for the daily sales efforts, total revenues, yield strategies and overall positioning of ARGUS HOSPITALITY managed properties. Be the coordinator of all brand marketing and Public Relation initiatives, maximizing profitability, enhancing quality service for our guests.
- Implement and supervise execution of Sales & Marketing strategic plans to continue the repositioning ARGUS HOSPITALITY
- Work with the Director of Revenue Management on Revenue Management strategies for the hotel, specifically the achievement of targeted room revenues and optimal sales mix.
- Continue to build the positioning of the hotels through communications and building strong relationships with the community, industry and business sectors
- Evaluate and initiate opportunities for developing new sources of business in all market segments and thereby broaden the account base that aligns with the new luxury offering
- Provide overall leadership, direction, training and development to the Sales and Marketing teams
- Develop and manage the annual sales and marketing plan, Rooms revenue and sales operation budget
- Oversee day-to-day duties of prospecting accounts, account development, site inspections and proper account management practices by the Sales Team
- Work closely with Operations in ensuring seamless delivery and execution of the sales promise.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community
- Minimum 5 years hotel industry experience as a senior Sales and Marketing Leader
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession
- Experience with hotel revenue management with ability to understand and interpret financial data and excellent understanding of all market segments.
- A results-oriented individual dedicated to driving revenues for ARGUS HOSPITALITY managed properties through creative, cost effective, well planned and measured sales & marketing initiatives
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and property management systems. Opera, CI/TY and Excel experience preferred. various email marketing platforms, WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communications skills- interpersonal, written and public/media relations
- Positive attitude and supportive, team-based approach towards the attainment of business goals
- A flexible individual who thrives in dynamic and changing environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Hospitality Management education desired
- Must be able to travel and work flexible hours and days
- A desire to be a key player in a growing company
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.