We transform the way people use energy.
Our core values are Integrity, Innovation, and Partnership.
EfficiencyOne is a leading efficiency enterprise. We work with a number of outstanding partners to supply cost-effective energy efficiency and carbon mitigation services in Nova Scotia and beyond.
We transform the way people use energy. Together, we help people achieve their energy goals, save money, conserve resources, improve well-being, and combat climate change.
Investing in energy efficiency comes with many benefits—lower heating bills, more comfortable spaces, new jobs in your community, and a smaller overall carbon footprint.
To date, our work has achieved over $4 billion in energy savings and contributed to 22% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions. If there’s a better way to improve energy efficiency, we’ll find it. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/.
Why you’ll love working here:
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- A holistic benefits package that starts on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges hosted throughout the year
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of net-zero carbon by 2050.
If you want to be part of an organization that has an ambitious plan to support the transition to net zero, and help to build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
Want to know what it’s really like to work with us? Reach out to any one of our team members on LinkedIn to hear their firsthand experience at EfficiencyOne.
We are seeking an
experienced Procurement Coordinator for EfficiencyOne’s Supply Chain
team. Reporting to
the Supply Chain, Team Lead, the Procurement Coordinator is responsible for
administering the processes related to the procurement of goods and services,
while ensuring that corporate and ethical policies are adhered to. This
position aids the supply chain management and procurement needs required by
departments by providing assistance with the preparation of requests for
quotations and proposals, and guiding staff through our
established procurement processes. The Procurement Coordinator is an effective communicator and a forward-thinking
professional who recognizes the value of diversity in the operation of
procurement. With excellent judgment, time management and organizational skills,
they must possess strong attention to detail and accuracy, and demonstrated ability
to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
- Administering EfficiencyOne’s procurement processes, including the development, maintenance, and revision of procurement policies, documents, tools and templates.
- Assisting in the facilitation of the procurement process for staff, including determining the best method for satisfying a procurement need, and supporting the development of specifications or statements of work, request for proposals (RFPs/RFx), evaluation criteria, and related activities.
- Reviewing completed procurement documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with procurement policies, guidelines, and approved internal controls, and making recommendations for the development of new or revised procurement control procedures.
- Regularly communicating with staff and suppliers to ensure the timely and accurate coordination of ongoing delivery and return of goods, and/or delivery of services.
- Providing support to the Supply Chain team in the development and execution of a performance-driven supplier management process, resulting in structured feedback.
- Generating and providing reports to the Board of Directors and Finance Committee, as required, and assisting in the gathering of data or preparing analysis to provide management with information relative to purchasing activities and specific suppliers.
- Participating in proposal debriefings to ensure continuous quality improvement and to identify enhancements for proposal content and process.
- Performing other duties from time to time, as required.
What Will Help You Succeed?
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice procurement activities and experience in managing procurement processes from start to finish.
- Demonstrated examples of individual initiative, organization, prioritization, planning, and judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent concentration, and strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Personal integrity and excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Education & Certification(s) Requirements:
- Community College Diploma in a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. We welcome your application no matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or whom you love. We all come from different backgrounds and walks of life, bringing unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodation in the application and interview process (including different materials or otherwise).