The Host is the initial contact with the guests. Therefore, it is essential to start guests off with a positive experience at the front door. A Host is anyone who greets, seats and pages guests. In addition, you will be assuming the role of restaurant guide, communicator, entertainer, takeout coordinator.
- Opening doors, where applicable.
- Welcoming and thanking guests.
- Answering questions - accurately and politely.
- Maintaining a clean and organized waiting area.
- Answering the phone.
- Directing guests to areas & restrooms.
- Providing security for co-workers, guests and celebrities.
- Assisting servers, bussers and managers.
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – cleaning glass, polishing brass, sweeping & vacuuming the floor, wiping menus, stocking, etc.
- Assuring the complete satisfaction of each and every guest.
- Creating memorable experiences.
- Taking phone orders
- Packaging and handling online, takeout and curbside orders.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or GED.
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency.
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers.
- Ability to move throughout the restaurant (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Maintaining a well-groomed appearance (“having a plan”).
- Following all uniform guidelines.
- Practicing all general safety & sanitation standards.
- Maintaining Hardwood Café’s core Values and Mission Statement.
- This Cafe may cross-train the restaurant Hosts with food runner and server assistant roles.
Hardwood Café is an equal opportunity employer. We live and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hardwood welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.