Pool Support Staff POSITION CLOSED/DO NOT APPPLY
Reports To: Director of Recreation and Wellness or Recreation Manager
Salary: $13.50-$15.50/hour, commensurate with experience
Position Summary: The Pool Support Staff are responsible for overseeing checking guests’ Lakeside Chautauqua passes to enter the pool, monitoring the safety and wellbeing of lifeguards, clear and concise communication with other staff and patrons, enforcing rules of the pool, monitoring the slide, cleaning all pool facilities, assisting grounds crew with grounds maintenance, and assisting in seasonal activities at the Lakeside Pool.
About Lakeside Chautauqua: Lakeside Chautauqua is a family destination that has pioneered the act of nurturing mind, body and spirit for 150 years. Conveniently located between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore, Lakeside offers a robust summer programming season packed with cultural, educational, spiritual and recreational opportunities. Within the one-square-mile community, you’ll find hundreds of unique Victorian cottages, a concert auditorium, arts center, historic waterfront hotel, movie theater, pool, tennis, sailing, shopping, dining and much more. Join our team this year to help Lakeside celebrate its 150th Anniversary. For more information, visit lakesideohio.com/employment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
General Pool Task include:
· Observes and enforces the safety rules and regulations of the Grindley Aquatics and Wellness Campus
· Provide excellent customer service consistent with Lakeside’s standards
· Greet all guests upon arrival and check for Lakeside Chautauqua passes, deliver consistent guest service, and provide all other supporting services
· Knowledgeable of pool facilities such as length and depth of pool, operational hours, how many laps it takes to complete a mile in meters and feet etc.
· Knowledgeable of pool rules, hours, daily programming schedule to answer guest inquiries
· Knowledgeable of Wellness Center facilities and services to answer guest inquiries
· Identify and report defects throughout the pool and Wellness Center, notify supervisors and concerned departments immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment, or processes that negatively affect the operations
· Ensure the pool deck is swept, furniture is in the correct place, tables are clean and wiped down when setting up in the morning and evening
· Complete opening and closing shift cleaning duties
· Assist with daily/regular cleaning and maintenance of all Aquatic areas and surrounding campus grounds
· Assist facilities and grounds staff in maintaining, plants, flower beds throughout the campus.
· Participate in staff safety at minimum of 1 hour a month alongside Lifeguards
· Stay up to date on CPR and First Aid trainings
· Oversees that all Lakeside Chautauqua rules and regulations are followed
· Demonstrate ability to work independently or with limited direction
· Work with lifeguards to ensure that the slide area is being used safely
· Make sure all patrons meet height requirements before allowing them to use slide
· Maintain order at top of water slide letting only one person down at a time. Make sure the area at the bottom of the slide is clear before you release the next person down the slide.
· Recognize, report, and respond to any unsafe conditions, and possible or definite pool hazards
· Other duties as assigned by Pool Supervisor or Head Guard
· Must be CPR and First Aid certified, training may be provided
· A responsible high school student or older
· Related experience or training preferr
Lakeside Chautauqua is an equal opportunity employer.
Environment & Physical Demands:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the operation or residents and guests of the property.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems d deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, climb or balance. Specific vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus are required. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and material up to 50 pounds with assistance. Must be able to climb ladders. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, cold, humid, hot, very hot, conditions and will be required to work outdoors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.