Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance
- Employee discount programs
- Boot allowance yearly
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid vacation and time off
- Conduct predictive and preventative maintenance to minimize downtime on plant equipment, building, mobile equipment and rolling stock as assigned by the Supervisor;
- Participate in special projects;
- Be knowledgeable and observe safe work practices: LOTO, fall arrest, hot work permits and confined space;
- Report safety issues to worker representative and supervisor immediately,
- Maintain records, reports, statistics as per company policies and legislative requirements
- Third or fourth year student in the 433A millwright program;
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant, hands-on experience;
- Welding and fabrication skills preferred;
- Mechanical aptitude and technical expertise with hydraulics, pumps, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot/diagnose failures of same;
- Good communication in both verbal and written;
- Computer/tablet skills: data entry, log work, e-mail, text, photo documentation
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to stand or work bent over for extended periods of time;
- Punctual, reliable, team player
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position