Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Up To Par and Taylor Hospitality offer unique guests and associates experience that combines a nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual for the position of Banquet Manager.
Our playful yet professional attitude is what we live by. We embrace the classic with a cutting-edge flare, delightfully tucked into a truly stunning property.
Full Time - Regular
$20-25/hr (hourly rate + gratuity)
Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club
Haymarket / Gainesville
The Banquet Manager will work under general supervision with all member, resident, outside events, and the daily administrative duties related to banquet events; providing prompt and courteous food service to restaurant customers.
- Supervise banquet rooms set-up and clean-up.
- Greet Clients in charge and respond to requests.
- Meet prior to events to inform staff about event particulars and expectations.
- Assist where necessary to ensure exceptional service to members and guests.
- Banquet Manager will supervise Food and Beverage services to ensure consistency throughout all events.
- Manage Event set-up, day-of coordination, as well as coordination with vendors, delivery and client needs.
- Coordinate rental items needed for events, developing timelines, floor plans, menus, and banquet event orders.
- Must be able to interact well with guests, members, management, and staff associates in a professional manner.
- Maintain complete banquet inventory monthly including but not limited to china, glassware, silverware, stemware, serving utensils, and chafers.
- Banquet Manager will oversee, train and ensure the performance of Banquet Captain and Staff so that all procedures are completed to Up to Par standards.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained.
- Banquet Manager to assist Banquet Captain with administrative duties including but not limited to event critiques, create flow diagrams, assign sections and create buffet labels.
- Plan and coordinate details of catered events to include determining specifications and quantities of goods to order, determining manpower levels, recommending personnel assignments, scheduling space and facilities, and communicating menu information to production staff.
- Makes great decisions.
- Can think and act independently with confidence.
- Proficient in position required job skills and knowledge.
- Has personal fortitude and integrity when faced with challenges.
- Energetic and takes initiative. Is pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks. Strives to exceed expectations and goals.
- Banquet manager must be flexible, open-minded, and adaptable to change, with strong organizational, management and time management skills.
- Intelligent in grasping and integrating new information. An active learner with a strong sense of confidence. Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues, and problems. Considers multiples resources and methods for analyzing problems.
- Is effective in prioritizing work; consistently manages time and processes to create maximum efficiency with minimum disruption or redundancy. Is time sensitive, understands how work and processes fit in with other departmental or business priorities and objectives. Is able to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes. Is able to gauge progress with respect to overall impact and results.
- Welcoming and warm personality. Able to engage easily and actively connect with others. Is genuinely caring and compassionate; visibly demonstrates the desire to understand others. Creates confidence and trust with others, is socially aware of self and others and is known for communicating the right message at the right time. Utilizes a variety of approaches and communication techniques tailored to each situation. Is comfortable in conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels. Is direct yet tactful and considerate of the audience. Positively accepts and provides feedback.
- Must have the manual coordination to punch buttons, grasp items in hand, and to balance and carry trays loaded with food and beverages.
- Must have basic knowledge of customer service principles, the food server function, and restaurant and kitchen operations. Must know standard cash-handling procedures. Must be fluent in oral and written English. Must have vision ability to clearly see detailed guest checks, computer printouts, written instructions and to observe entire restaurant in dimly lit conditions.
- Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately.
- Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting.
- Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests.
- Must have a moderate hearing to hear customers, supervisors, and communicate with other staff.
- Balancing, stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching handling, fingering throughout the shift.
- Mobility - full range of mobility and the ability to travel up to 300 feet on a regular basis throughout the shift.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 50 lbs. to include serving trays, carts, tables, chairs, and small equipment up to 75% of the time.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to sound and sight details in crowded and noisy situations, particularly when handling multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, must be able to follow verbal and written instruction, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
High school education or equivalent.
Previous experience in a similar position of 6 months or longer.
Computerized order machine, basic writing materials, restaurant equipment including but not limited to coffee machines, ice machines, toasters, and beverage dispensers.
Physically strenuous -prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying throughout entire shift in an indoor environment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services, and community relationships.
Up to Par Management / Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs, hotels, restaurants, and associates. Up to Par exists to positively impact others through our platform of professionally managed clubs, hotels, and restaurants by living our core values of ECHO Teamwork and culture of continuous improvement. Our commitment to career development has created loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our Be Exceptional atmosphere.