The mission of the Center for Humanistic Change (CHC) is to give people, especially youth, the knowledge and tools they need to make better-informed and more positive life choices through the interactive delivery of prevention education and evidence-based programming. Drug and alcohol prevention programs remain a core service.
CHC seeks Independent Contractors/Group Facilitators to lead a variety of life skills and different programs for youth and adults in the Lehigh Valley. We have a strong need for bilingual contractors with daytime availability. For a full list of our current programs, please go to https://www.thechc.org/programs/.
Our independent contractors deliver services based on their specific professional education, training, and experience, as well as their ability to provide services independently. Key skills include:
- Ability to engage and retain program participants through a variety of educational strategies.
- Knowledge of and experience with interactive/experiential learning models and with managing group dynamics.
- Willingness to serve as a role model for participants, especially concerning behaviors and attitudes that relate to CHC program topics.
- Understanding of and respect for each individual’s rights and differences in learning styles, background, beliefs, and values.
- High standard of professionalism in all aspects of delivering CHC programs.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from program facilities. If contractor is using own automobile for transportation, contractor must maintain the minimum automobile insurance as required by law.
- Ability to work remotely using a variety of virtual platforms like ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, Google Meets and Cisco WebEx.
- Commitment to ongoing cultivation of skills and knowledge in relevant fields, including substance use and other prevention topics, facilitation techniques, child development, child welfare, and current best practices in group dynamics and facilitation.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office and Google Docs for completing required paperwork.
- Ability to meet required deadlines for submission of required documentation.
- Scheduling flexibility is a plus.
Contractors are expected to obtain and maintain all state and local training requirements and clearances, including PA Child Abuse history clearance, PA State Police background clearance, FBI background fingerprinting check and mandated child abuse reporter training. Clearances and criminal record checks must be in compliance and in accordance with the laws reflecting the ability to work in schools and with children.