Compensation: $40 - $45k / year (Compensation Commensurate with Experience)
From Hawaii to California to Ohio, Poké is sweeping the nation! Would you like to be a part of one of the hottest new trends in food? We are looking for crew members who want to show our customers what eating fresh Poké & Makai is all about! Located in the brand New Easton Entertainment District our LemonShark Poké & Makai Grill is sure to have Columbus buzzing!
Lemonshark Poké and Makai Grill is an inviting, Hawaiian-themed establishment which offers sustainably sourced sushi-grade fish (“Poké”) and authentic hibachi-style grilled meats (“Makai”). We also offer a full bar and feature island themed drinks. We provide community-centered, table service and a counterpoint dining experience, which boasts the comfort of a sit-down restaurant and the convenience of fast-casual dining. Serving lunch, dinner, and late-night cravings daily.
Purpose of the Position
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development, and performance management of employees. In addition, this person participates in the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits, and ensures that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. Strong focus on the front of house operations and second to the kitchen operations. Ability to manage all operations in the absence of the General Manager including but not limited to complete opening and closing procedures and cash handling..
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of restaurant management experience
- Level 2 Serve Safe certification or capable of passing this require prior to employment
- Proven experience working in a restaurant environment – references required.
- Revel POS experience would be an asset
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- High standards of customer service
- Organizational and time management skills
- Great team player
- Enthusiastic and passionate
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in managing all areas of the restaurant and participates with the GM on final decisions on matters of importance to guest services.
- Adheres to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
- Ensures that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Guest services
- Ensures positive guest service in all areas.
- Responds to complaints, taking all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Operational responsibilities
- Ensures that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests, and company assets.
- Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Completes accident reports promptly if a guest or employee is injured.
- Manages shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigates and resolves complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Ability to manage all opening and closing procedures, including cash management.
- Provides direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interviews hourly employees.
- Assist the General Manager in hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conducts orientation and participates in the training of new employees.
- Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Prepares schedules and ensures that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts
- Food safety and planning
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Works with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Supervises portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste in the absence of the GM and Kitchen Manager.
- Estimates food needs, participates in placing orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
- Upholds all ServSafe guidelines.
- Upholds and reinforces the Company’s culture of respect, inclusivity, and kindness as well as supports the Company’s mission of growth and opportunities it creates for all employees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Hours
- Extensive Training
- Meal Discounts
- Real Advancement Opportunities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand for prolonged amounts of time, bend, stoop, and twist. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Work is performed in a fast-paced and congested restaurant setting with frequent interruptions. Duties may require standing for long periods of time. Work is performed with and around hot, cold, and hazardous equipment in a fast paced and congested environment that will occasionally be loud, hot and/or physically demanding.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
LemonShark Poke & Makai Grill Columbus is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled