Director of Marketing
Ackroo is an innovative SaaS-based technology Company that is consolidating, simplifying and improving the loyalty marketing, payments and point of sale industry. We provide innovative marketing, financial and operational solutions to help Automotive, Hospitality, Petroleum, and Retail merchants of all sizes attract, retain, and grow their customers and their revenues with greater ease, speed and insights. Founded in 2012, our organization continues to experience phenomenal growth and thrives on an entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and top-tier talent. Come join the ‘Kroo!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 3 Weeks Vacation + 6 flexible days
- Enriching Culture
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Training and Development
We are seeking an innovative Director of Marketing for a permanent full-time position at our Hamilton office. Reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible for defining and implementing marketing strategies for Ackroo’s suite of products; AckrooMTKG, AckrooPay, and AckrooPOS in Canada and the US. You will directly manage the Marketing team and external freelancers.
- Development of the marketing strategy for new and existing products
- Development and implementation of Ackroo’s brand strategy
- Overseeing the implementation of the marketing strategy, including campaigns, events, digital marketing, website management, and PR
- Working closely with the Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials, and presentations
- Guiding the day-to-day activities of the marketing team
- Collaborating with the Product team to define marketing materials and programs
- Managing social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Supervise Ackroo’s SEO/website optimization
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organization
- Continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Support and drive lead generation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related area or equivalent
- 8+ years of Marketing experience with 5+ years at Manager/Director level
- Previous experience in B2B marketing
- Proven track record in digital marketing with strong knowledge of social media, SEO, Google Ads, etc.
- Previous experience in managing freelance and outsourced teams
- Comfortable reaching out and conversing with contacts, potential clients, business owners and business leaders at any level
- Top-notch interpersonal communications skills and proven ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with Salesforce
Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Previous marketing experience in SaaS industry
- Previous experience working in software, merchant services, payment services, gift card, loyalty, automotive, petroleum, retail and/or hospitality industry position
- Experience working at a start-up company with an entrepreneurial environment
- Marketing services and technology background
- English (mandatory)
- Bilingual French/English (preferred but not required)
- Base - $90,000-100,000
- Quarterly paid performance bonuses
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Stock Options
Ackroo is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, immigration status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics to apply. If you need accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise our Talent Acquisition team.
We thank all candidates for submitting their applications, but due to
the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting candidates who are
selected to move forward in the next step of the recruitment process.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position