The Director, ETM
Business Development is a key role within Event Travel Management, designed to
drive profitability through sales growth, delivering an effective sales
strategy to meet business objectives, and sales targets specific to meetings,
incentives, and managed meetings programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- First point of contact for new opportunities in ETM. Opportunities are received from internal
sources to upsell and expand service offering to existing clients. Leads are received from external sources for prospective
clients. Timely and thorough responses are
required to secure the business.
- Develop and execute a robust U.S. Sales strategy,
reviewable on a monthly basis. Engage Marketing and Customer Solutions team to
increase customer acquisition opportunities through social media, white papers,
blogs, and other communication means.
- Define the focus on new business development efforts
within the parameters of ETM’s capabilities and sales plan, proactively source
new business opportunities from key targets in the U.S. and manage new business
- Lead and generate key sales contacts for ETM. Supervise
and manage the entire sales process with identified clients/prospects.
- Identify opportunities to expand North American (NORAM)
opportunities or existing client business into other ETM-owned markets and
through the Radius network.
- Support business/prospect client opportunities that have
a NORAM component.
- Manage an effective pipeline of potential new business
accounts and active bids from first point of contact to final close using
- Build an effective prospect/client relationship that will
enable clear definition of the best possible pre-RFP strategy while ensuring a
deep and comprehensive knowledge of the motivation and key players involved in
the tender process.
- Oversee the production of RFP responses to RFP’s received
from prospective multinational customers utilizing the resources within ETM and
CTM teams to meet client time and service specifications.
- Lead the pre-RFP and bidding process as “bid owner”
working closely with the CTM proposal development team and ETM operations, when
applicable. Develop agreed costs and
pricing and finalize the proposal in conformance with specified time, quality
and accuracy requirements.
- Develop corporate account contracts alongside the legal
team. Negotiate all pricing structures, SLA’s, and terms and conditions including
the scope and configuration of services to be provided customers. Ensure that the financial terms meet both ETM
and client commercial objectives.
- Responsible for a comprehensive delivery to the ETM
operations and/or account management of “won” business with emphasis on the
- Follow defined sales – implementation – operations
- Perform regular sales presentations in a confident and
convincing manner at executive and boardroom level.
- Maintain ongoing client relationships at the senior level
and establish executive-level relationships.
- Act as a main contact point in the U.S. for all other
national sales departments with an emphasis on multinational bids, as well as,
sharing best practice and commercial information.
- Meet sales quota/revenue targets as defined by the
business each year.
- Provide M&E forecasting based on current industry
- Look for opportunities and share ideas on improving
processes, efficiencies and business outcomes.
- Support and participate in Industry/Client events -
create and deliver content and supporting sales activities.
- Ensure Microsoft Dynamics data and reports are
continually updated and current.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position may
have direct and/or indirect reports which includes responsibility for overall
performance management, including hiring, training, coaching, feedback,
- Models the way
for employees and sets a positive example by demonstrating our core values.
- Provides ongoing
feedback and supports team member growth by working with employees and
encouraging growth plans.
- Drives employee
engagement. Facilitates regular and ongoing conversations about employee
engagement and takes action to improve team and organizational culture.
Required of all CTM Positions
- Embrace CTM’s
core values of Exceed to Service, Innovate to Generate, Trust to Succeed,
Empowered to Achieve, Collaborate to Perform, Recognize to Reward, Play to Win.
collaborative and supportive interaction with employees, clients, suppliers and
- Ability to work
independently as well as part of a team.
- Appropriate and
professional written and verbal communication.
ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Creative and
analytical thinking with strong problem-solving and consultative skills.
- Demonstrates calm
under pressure – is a proactive contributor and eager to learn.
- Proficiency in
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to do
- Ability to read
and interpret information.
- Attention to
- Regular and
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Sales, Marketing, or
Management is preferred. Additional experience may substitute.
- Three to five years of experience that includes sales and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Consultative sales approach with the ability to maintain
a focus on financial objectives during the sales process.
- Strategic robust thinker with good analytical and
- Demonstrate strong commercial and business acumen to
build respect quickly within the ETM and CTM teams and the corporate travel and
meeting management industry.
- Self-starter with a proactive innovative approach to
sales opportunities and processes.
- Strong negotiator and influencer with good judgment and
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change
- Excellent presentation skills.
addition to a great work environment, CTM offers a comprehensive range of
benefits designed to fit your needs.
Some of these include:
medical and dental plans
with company match
vacation plan and numerous paid holidays
- The statements herein are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
- This job description is a reasonable explanation of the
requirements of the position and is subject to change at any time based on the
needs of CTM.
- This job description does not alter the “at-will”
- To accomplish this job successfully, the employee must be
able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. CTM will make every effort to provide reasonable
accommodations to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of their position in accordance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991, as amended, and applicable state and
- CTM is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by law.