Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement. This position enhances the VP’s effectiveness by providing information management support, direct administrative support, and maintaining files and records for the department.
- Prepares complex and confidential correspondence, reports, and proposals; distributes materials to other Museum professional staff for information and /or disposition; researches and composes draft correspondence and documents for the VP’s signature; reviews materials prepared for the VP’s approval for accuracy and proper format.
- Schedules appointments; maintains VP’s calendar and daily schedule; arranges conferences and meetings and travel for the VP; assembles background materials as directed.
- Acts as a liaison between the VP and other agencies; uses independent judgment and takes appropriate action to resolve problems and answer questions.
- Coordinates Institutional Advancement meetings including preparing the agenda; assembling materials; and taking, transcribing, and distributing minutes.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of budgets and work plans.
- Responds to inquiries for VIP tours and collaborates as necessary.
- Provides organizational and staff support for meetings of the Board of Trustees and board committees.
- Assists the VP in developing proposed Museum policy drafts for review and action by the President & CEO as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of five years senior level administrative experience associated with executive assistant functions, preferably in a non-profit institution. Experience in a development or alumni relations department is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as internet applications. Experience with constituent/donor records systems, especially Blackbaud, is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of office procedures and knowledge of computers and related software plus knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to perform in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments under pressure and to consistently meet deadline schedules.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to work overtime as necessary during special events, heavy visitation periods or as project deadlines require.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.