The prep cook will cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads, and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff, and deliver food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Consistently offer professional, friendly, and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues.
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cash Casino Calgary
· Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
· Understand and comply with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
· Clean and sanitize work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
· Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
· Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
· Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
· Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
· Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
· Portion according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to guests.
· Weigh or measure ingredients.
· Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
· Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
· Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
· Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
· Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
· Promptly inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
· Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
· Stir and strain soups and sauces.
· Uses the Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products; does not rely on the memory of oneself or others.
· Complete opening and closing checklists and assists others in opening and closing the kitchen.
· Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
Education and Experience
· Casino, hotel or resort experience preferred, but not required.
· 3-5 Years experience in kitchens/cooking is required
· Basic food safety required.
Skills and Abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, always remaining calm and courteous.
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
· Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling.
· Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps