The purpose of the Sales Coordinator position is to provide administrative and general support to the sales team in a variety of activities; act as the primary contact for all meeting and banquet related functions; book Corporate, Sports & Social Group Business; manage groups; book individual reservations and qualify for more business.
GENERAL CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL POSITIONS
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who post a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job- related duties as specified by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied, or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- 1 year hotel sales or front office experience
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and portray good people skills
- Excellent organizational skills and guest relations skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Polished appearance
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Displays aggressive hospitality
- Have a great eye for detail
- Are flexible and have what it takes to get the job done
- Are well presented; be well groomed and conform with the hotels dress code
- Be informed about daily operations pertaining to sales
- Be highly visible during extraordinary events
- Total commitment to guest satisfaction
- Assist in special projects as requested by the Director of Sales and or GM
- Release unused rooms on cut off date
- Prepare correspondence such as customer appreciation letters
- Structure sales meetings, calls and all sales related duties
- Prepare promotional and marketing materials
- Manage GRC (group rooms calendar) updates
- Prepare Group Resume Packets and distribute to front desk
- Greet on-site group contact whenever possible
- Client follows up with Thank You/Group Survey
- Maintain relationships for future business
- Contract meeting room via BEO
- Create diagram for room set up
- Order Food & Beverage for meeting
- Add event to Meeting Agenda Calendar & distribute to Front Desk
- Manage details the day of meeting
- Qualify Business
- Send contract and obtain signed contract for group bookings
- Build Room Block
- Input Rooming List (if applicable)
- Book & manage all group blocks
- Book & manage all meetings
- Tours for walk-in customers (qualify & sell or pass to manager)
- Process BT (Business transient) and group contracts
- Utilize hotel reservation system for sales related administrative functions
- Maintains and follows up with new leads
- Build company rate programs and group blocks
- Update GRC, Meeting Agenda & Company Production Reports
- Assist DOS with inventory management
- FNC & GRP monitoring and check out of folios
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for DOS
- Minimum lifting 30 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Some exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
Staybridge Suites Middleton is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled