Director of Nursing
WHO WE ARE
United Methodist Memorial Home, Heritage Pointe of Huntington, was founded on the philosophy of helping all people, regardless of race, creed, sex or religious preference, fully enjoy their retirement years. A philosophy of fostering friendship, belonging, security, and dignity, by respecting individual privacy and independence while offering professional and thoughtful guidance. We believe retirement is all about living…and living life to the fullest.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with 3% Match, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance, and more.
Director of Nursing
• Maintains a current, valid Registered Nursing License (RN), in good standing with the state of Indiana.
• Possesses a minimum one (1) year of experience in nursing supervision in the past 5 years or have completed a nurse management course with a clinical component.
• The Director of Nursing leads and directs the overall clinical department of the facility in accordance with resident needs, federal and state government regulations and company policies/procedures so as to maintain quality care for the residents
• Under the supervision of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing has the authority, responsibility, and accountability for the functions, activities, and training of the nursing services staff
• In the absence of the Administrator, the DON assumes responsibility for the facility
• The DON is responsible for the overall management of resident care 24 hours a day, seven (7) days per week
• Demonstrates knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and geriatric residents (i.e. physical, cognitive, and socialization factors) in planning delivery of care
• Demonstrates knowledge, skills and techniques necessary to care for residents with a variety of needs including but not limited to: cognitive deficits, dialysis, IV therapy, infectious disease and wound care
• Participates in all mandatory facility in-services
• Acts appropriately under the direction of the Administrator and acts as an active member of the interdisciplinary team
• Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes in shift assignments to meet resident and family needs
• Ensures the residents receive skilled nursing and rehabilitation services, as needed
• Communicates and observes the Corporate Compliance Program effectively and complies with Code of Conduct when performing work functions
• Supervises, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines inter-departmental personnel
• Assists in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection and termination of nursing personnel
• Ensures that a sufficient number of qualified supervisory and supportive nursing personnel are assigned for each unit/shift to meet the resident’s needs
• Participates in all resident screenings processes prior to admission
• Participates in coordination of resident services through departmental and appropriate staff committee meetings (i.e Quarterly Quality Assurance and Assessment (QAPI), Pharmacy Services, Therapy Services, Infection Control and Resident Care policy and procedure meeting)
• Gives direction for staff development programs that will enhance staff knowledge of quality resident care
• Provides oversight of nursing department to ensure all documentation is informative and descriptive of nursing care and of the resident’s response to that care
• Participates in planning and budgeting for nursing services
• Conducts periodic review to ensure that the nursing requirements of each resident admitted to the facility are reviewed and that the physician is consulted in planning resident care
• Must have a working knowledge of local, state and federal guidelines & regulations for long term care
• Competitive Wage
• Comprehensive Benefits Package
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position