ASF is looking for a Terminal Manager for our Columbus, Ohio Truckload terminal. If you're interested in working with the industry's leader and have a commitment to success through safety, personal empowerment and collaboration, this is the place for you.
Purpose and Scope:
A Terminal Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations at an ASF - Truckload Terminal. The Terminal Manager will lead and coach the entire truckload team at the terminal, which could include (depending on terminal size) Fleet Managers, CSRs, Drivers, and administrative support.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
A Terminal Manager has a wide variety responsibilities, but in summary they must ensure their terminal and staff is executing the following essential functions:
• Working with safety to reduce accident frequency and maintain a high level of DOT compliance
• Building strong relationship with our drivers and minimizing driver turnover
• Maximizing driver productivity and overall revenue
• Providing premium, on-time service to our customers
• Managing trailer utilization and maintaining required trailer pools
From a coaching and leadership standpoint, a Terminal Manager is responsible for the following:
• Actively participate in driver recruiting and drive overall growth & development of the driver fleet.
• Interview, hire, and develop talent within the operational roles.
• Coach employees, reward employees, and drive accountability throughout the terminal.
• Provide the operational team and drivers with the resources they need to be successful in their roles.
• Always maintain a clean, organized, and professional terminal facility.
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with drivers, internal employees and external customers (verbal and written).
• Must be proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple assignments and work with minimal supervision.
• A minimum of 5 years in the transportation industry is required.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Experience with transportation operating systems is preferred.
• Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
• Terminal/office environment; extended working hours may be occasionally necessary.