Banquet Servers (ref 5505)
The Gulfstream Restaurant within the Four Points by Sheraton-Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for both full and part-time Banquet Servers/Support Staff. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
Both full and part time opportunities available. Evening and weekend availability is preferred.
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for Four Hotels within Kelowna.
- Set up and take down events according to Banquet Event Orders
- Greet and welcome client representative and guests, responding to requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests
- Foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the hotel
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Answer questions about food, beverages, wine and other restaurant functions and services when necessary
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Previous restaurant experience is an asset
- Valid food safe certificate (or willing to obtain upon hire)
- High attention to detail with the ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to take direction and prioritize
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Must be available to work varied shifts; weekends, holidays, days, and evenings
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position