The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for: managing a small branch office; referring loan applicants or forwarding loan applications to company loan officers, overseeing the operation of a branch office total deposits of $20 million to $40 million.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for auditing Resource Associate’s drawers and vault cash on a monthly basis, then sending the completed audit sheets to the Branch Operation Administrator monthly and quarterly to the Audit Department.
2. Responsible for all cash in the branch. The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for making sure all Resource Associate’s drawers, vaults and ATMs do not exceed their set limits.
3. Making sure the ATMs have adequate amount of cash and they are functioning with little to no problem.
4. Complete monthly over/short spreadsheet and send to the Finance Department at the beginning of each month.
5. Balance and reconcile Resource Associate and branch general ledgers and send balanced reconcilements to appropriate department(s).
6. Verify that all logs are completed and approved, i.e.
1. Night Deposit Logs
2. Petty Cash – balanced and sent to the Finance Department once a month
3. Gift Cards
4. Dual Control Key Box
5. Monthly Security Checklist
7. Conduct monthly operations meetings and document meeting with all employees signatures
8. Conduct weekly branch sells meetings and document meeting with all employees signatures
9. Approve Security Checklist and Record. Send original to the Branch Operations Administrator (make sure a copy is kept in your branch)
10. Provide Resource Associate services, with same responsibilities, when needed.
11. Provide Concierge services, with same responsibilities, when needed.
12. Monitor sick leave, overtime and vacation for branch employees (report these findings to Human Resource)
13. Edit and approve time cards on a weekly basis
14. Approve all purchasing orders before the order has been sent to the Purchasing Department
15. Ensure all security procedures are being followed according to First Guaranty Bank’s guidelines
16. Accept consumer loan applications from current and perspective customers.
17. Verifying all fliers and disclosures in the branch is up to date and in compliance with Federal Regulations
18. Making sure branch is staffed with appropriate amount of staff
19. Conduct performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, terminations and new hires
20. Attend branch operations meetings conducted by the Branch Operations Administrator
21. Providing platform services for special existing or prospective customers and assisting at times of heavy business
22. Become knowledgeable of bank programs used in managing branch and servicing customers.
23. Verifying branch personnel has completed annual on-line training in a timely manner
24. Monitor and control safe box area. Responsible for monitoring the past due report and setting up drilling if necessary.
25. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
26. Coach employees on a quarterly basis.
27. Monitor employee’s goals and coach them on a weekly basis using Resource One.
28. Maintain required minimum monthly scorecard.
29. Maintain required monthly product retention at an acceptable level.
30. Maintain, monitor, and address all monthly exceptions and violations of subordinates.
31. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• Knowledge of operations procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to multi-task while leading and directing the work of others
• Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalence to at least 1 year of experience in the operations or banking management.
• All new hires will be required to pass a background check, credit check, and drug screening.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled