We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team!
Perhaps you are a newly qualified CPA who just conquered the CFE? Maybe you are an have a couple of yearsâ€™ experience in public practice? Or perhaps you have lots of experience and are just looking for a change?
We are looking for the right fit regardless of where you are in your career.
You're sure to really like us if you:
- You enjoy working with a diverse set of clients and can adapt to their needs.
- You are excited to build on your skills and continue to learn on the job from partners and managers of all skill sets and levels.
- You love having a flexible work schedule, Fridays off in the summer, RRSP matching, and other amazing benefits!
- You want to join in on our pancake breakfasts, BBQs, Kayaking trips, maybe even axe-throwing and volleyball games?
If you're the one we're looking for, you have experience in:
- Preparation of Notice to Reader/Compilation engagement files and T2 Corporate tax returns
- Preparation of Review Engagements with well documented work-paper files
- Financial statement preparation: preparing statements in accordance with the Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) including related notes disclosures
- Understanding of corporate tax balances (CDA, RDTOH, GRIP etc.)
- Preparation of corporate or personal tax planning scenario calculations
- Preparation of Canadian personal tax returns
- Preparation of U.S. personal tax returns
- Preparation of Trust tax returns
We're sure to really like you if you:
- Are a problem solver at heart â€“ you love reconciling and balancing!
- Use your time efficiently â€“ you know when to push through to solve a problem on your own or when itâ€™s time to stop and ask questions
- Prepare easy to follow and well-organized working paper files
- Think logically and have an analytical mindset
- Are a keen team player who can work effectively with other staff at various levels
- Are adaptable to new technologies
If this sounds like you, and you'd love the opportunity to work with a group of surprisingly fun people, considering they're all accountants, please submit a resume and cover letter, with attention to Toby Stubbs.
At CIS LLP we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if youâ€™re excited about this role but your experience doesnâ€™t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Delivering exceptional client service and trusted financial advice since 2007, Cameron Izard Snell LLP has the experienced tax and accounting professionals to help you. We have a record of building enduring client relationships through personalized service and quality work. We believe that our success and longevity depends on the growing success of our clients.
We are a mid-sized firm, located in downtown Victoria and recognized for our expertise in estates and trusts, corporate tax and accounting and U.S. personal tax. The founding members of our team received their training from international firms, giving us the unique ability to combine the benefits of big firm experience with small firm service. Our team is committed to excellence, built upon years of advanced training and technical experience.