In keeping with our organization’s goal of
improving the lives of the Residents we serve; the Dietary Aide is responsible
for providing superior customer service to Residents and
employees. The Dietary Aide will help to assure that the dietary department is
maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner by assisting in all dietary
functions as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and
procedures. The Dietary Aide will assist in the preparation of food to assure
the quality of nutritional services are provided.
Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
· Assist in the preparation of meals and
· Participate in the food tray line and prepare
trays according to diet cards in an efficient manner to meet scheduled meal and
· Assist with loading food carts and serving
meals to Residents and staff.
· Bag and store food items as directed.
· Clean and wrap silverware, inspecting each
piece to make sure it is clean before wrapping.
· Bus and clean tables after mealtime throughout
· Scrape, wash, and rack unclean dishes and
· Assist in the operation of the dishwashing
· Sort and stack clean dishes and inspect for
· Place clean dishes, utensils and cutlery in
their proper storage place.
· Participate in table setup which includes but
not limited to tablecloth, silverware, dishware and filling cups with water.
· Discard waste/trash into proper containers in
accordance with established sanitation procedures and guidelines.
· Assure that work area is clean and free of
hazardous conditions such as spills, excess carts, and etc.
· Assure that equipment, tools and supplies are
properly stored at all times.
· Report all equipment malfunctions and
breakdowns to the supervisor and keep the supervisor informed of supply needs.
· Report all hazardous conditions and equipment
along with any accidents/incidents to the Dietary Supervisor.
a high level of confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines at all
times and protects confidential information by only providing information on a
· Communicates and interacts effectively and
tactfully with Residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
· Attend and participate in meetings and
in-services as directed or scheduled. Attends in-service and education programs and
attends continuing education required for maintenance of professional
certification or licensure (if applicable).
· Understands Infection Control and follows the
Company’s Infection Control guidelines, such as hand washing principles,
understanding of isolation and standard precautions, recognizing signs and
symptoms of infection, demonstrating and understanding of the process for
identifying and handling infectious waste and cross contamination, maintaining
personal hygiene, and complying with OSHA standards in the workplace.
· Promotes and Protects Resident Rights by
assisting Residents to make informed decisions, treating Residents with dignity
and respect, protecting Residents’ personal belongings, reporting suspected
abuse or neglect, avoiding the need for physical restraints in accordance with
current professional standards, and supporting independent expression, choice
and decision-making consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
other tasks as required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Training, and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· ServSafe Certification preferred
One year of
experience as a Dietary Aide preferred
knowledge, and abilities:
· Able to read, write, and follow written and
oral instructions including some calculations.
· Basic knowledge of attractive food service,
sanitation, and safety.
physical activity is required (percentage are an approximation and subject to
50 to 74%
75% or More
Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling
Lifting/Carrying Less than 10 lbs.
than 50 lbs.
Tolerate potential exposure to blood, body
tissues, and fluids with occasional exposure to hazardous materials and
dexterity required to operate modern office equipment.
information has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work
performed as noted. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job.
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
SKLD Muskegon is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled