- Do you want to make a difference
in your community?
- Join our team, in our vibrant and
impressive office and warehouse.
- Full time-permanent role.
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank
(GVFB) is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide healthy food to
those in need. The GVFB provides support to more than 8,500 people weekly
across Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide
food support to approximately 80 community agencies throughout these
communities, such as housing agencies, women and children’s shelters and after
school programs, who in turn provide meals and snacks to thousands of people
Our vision is to create healthy
communities through fair and effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB
receives, purchases and distributes 4.5M lbs of food each year.
We provide a modern and inclusive
office environment, with excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking. Our
competitive benefit plans for this position include: healthcare/dental/vision,
3 weeks accrued vacation leave and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
Your birthday and a personal day are additional paid days off.
The GVFB is a certified Living
Wage Employer! This recognizes the GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages,
upholding good work standards for our employees and contributing to poverty
reduction and a higher standard of living in our community.
- Professional Growth – mentoring,
professional development courses and conferences.
- Financial Growth – competitive
salary and excellent perks.
- Personal Growth – be part of a
close and supportive team with strong leadership.
Ensure stakeholders, both internal
and external, have sufficient data to make informed decisions. Support the
management team with monthly metrics reports that create transparency into the
various departments across the operation, and support the CEO’s reports to the
Board with specific KPI and other ad hoc reporting requests. Maintain the
operations databases, and assist other staff with their data needs. Project
related work will arise throughout the year, such as software deployment
analysis and support for the Operations and Distribution departments.
- Compile and present regular
monthly reports to the Management team;
- Compile KPI reports with the CEO
for the Board of Directors, and support any other Board reporting needs
- Provide quality assurance of
- Processing confidential data and
information according to industry guidelines;
- Supporting initiatives for data
integrity and normalization;
- Generating reports from single or
- Fulfill ad-hoc data and report
requests from other internal and external stakeholders;
- Create and maintain KPIs that
align with organizational objectives;
- Maintain data tables housed in
- Training end users on new reports
- Provide direction and supervision
for data entry and food quality measurement volunteers;
- Enter data accurately and quickly.
Personal attributes and core
- Strong knowledge of quantitative
analytics, with a foundational knowledge of statistical concepts;
- Basic to Intermediate SQL,
knowledge of relational database concepts;
- Advanced Excel knowledge, with
basic VBA knowledge;
- Programming knowledge a plus;
- Reporting tools such as PowerBI,
- Critical thinker, attentive to the
minor details as well as the big picture;
- Strong project coordination
skills, including the ability to work proactively and efficiently, set
priorities, and meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to prioritize multiple
- Excellent verbal and written
- Willingness to learn and grow as
strategies and technologies evolve;
- Ability to work independently and
as part of a team.
Qualifications and experience
- Completion of post-secondary
education in in Statistics, Business, Computer Science, Economics, or other
- 2-3+ year Data Analysis related
experience working in a fast paced environment;
- Not-for-profit experience
- Experience using reporting tools a
plus (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.);
- Experience using SQL;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft
Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
We are actively recruiting for
this position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this
Please submit your resume and
cover letter in one PDF document.
A criminal record check for
working with vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Due to the high volume of
applications, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. The Greater Vancouver
Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applications will be
treated in strict confidence.