The Universal Banker provides exceptional service to current and potential customers. This position assists with deposit account opening and maintenance, safe deposit box operation and serves as a back-up on teller line transactions. This is a full-time position, and the normal hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position will be based at our Bocage Branch.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Opens, closes, and maintains accounts according to Bank procedure and State & FDIC regulations; has a fundamental understanding of the computer system, to assure that accounts are appropriately entered.
- Collects and documents required client information on multiple computer applications. Assures that signature cards and other required documents are completed correctly.
- Assists customers in opening and accessing safety deposit boxes.
- Provides assistance with balance inquiries, address changes, internet banking and account maintenance.
- Recognizes clients’ needs and recommends products and best practices.
- Maintains a complete understanding of all products offered by the Bank.
- Completes domestic and international Wire Transfer forms and checks for accuracy.
- Accepts retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings account withdrawals.
- Cashes checks and process transfers.
- Maintains an adequate cash drawer at all times; buys and sells currency from the vault, as necessary.
- Balances cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations.
- Issues Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders.
- Prepares Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs)
- Operates Coin machine.
- Identifies and reports counterfeit bills.
- Processes daily Branch Capture.
- Follows teller procedures as instructed by Manager.
- Understands and follows Restricted/Dormant Account Procedures.
- Recognizes and reports all suspicious or fraudulent activity, including check kiting and uncollected funds swindles.
- Monitors High Risk Customers.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all bank and customer information.
- Understands robbery procedures.
Regulations and Compliance
- Maintains knowledge of all Bank Regulations including BSA/AML and CIP procedures.
- Understands and follows regulation DD (Truth in Savings) Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfer) Regulation CC (Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks).
- Follows all Bank Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows compliance on IRA’s, Levy's, Garnishments, Attachments, Power of Attorney, Personal Representatives, Legal requirements for Corporations.
- Completes all required annual compliance training including BSA.
- Learns new products and system updates.
- Cross trains and assists in other area, when needed.
- Distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail
High School diploma or equivalent
Training and Experience
- One-year cash handling experience.
- Customer service experience in financial services industry.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn job-related software, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries from internal team members and customers and demonstration of excellence in customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work involves extensive use of computers and may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Must be able to speak clearly and hear and understand normal conversations in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position will be based at a specific branch location but will require the flexibility to work at other branch locations as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled